Meet Shabad, member profile for January. You'll typically spot her training in karate, working on her strength and flexibility through repetition and de-stressing at the CGC after a long day at school. She's been training in karate for seven years, and has been competing for two. After Shabad started competing, her confidence grew and she started applying it to all aspects of her life. She began taking part in public speaking competitions and challenged herself to try out for the Canada Games. All of that dedication is about to pay off as she gets ready to compete for Nova Scotia in February at her first Canada Games. Best of luck Shabad, we're all cheering for you!
"Personally, being active is an effective way for me to de-stress after a long day."
- Where is your hometown?
- What motivates you to be active? Why is fitness important to you?
- What do you like about the CGC? Where in the CGC will we find you?
- What is your favourite workout routine or your current fitness goal/accomplishment?
- What is your favourite post-workout snack?
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What was your first impression of the CGC?
- What is your movie/book/TV show?
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?