Winter 2021 Program Guide – Updated Dec. 17th
As we head into a new year, the health and safety of our members, users and staff continue to be our top priority. With that in mind, we are pushing back the start of our Winter 2021 programming season. It will now start later in January.*
- Swim lessons begin on Saturday, January 23rd
- Recreation and Fitness programs begin the week of January 25th
*Swim Academy (including Masters Swim Team) will resume as planned on Monday, January 4th, 2021 and continue to follow the return to sport plan set out by Swim Nova Scotia.
Our program guide has been updated to include the new start and end dates for each program. Anyone currently registered in Winter programs will received an email confirming the new start date of their program. Online registration continues and in-person registration will resume on Monday, December 21st.
Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Program
Based on the internationally recognized Swim to Survive standard, the CGC follows the Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Program which focuses on basic survival skills and proper swimming technique – fun from day one!
Swim for Life starts by developing strong foundation and personal self-rescue skills, then continues on by challenging swimmers to develop stronger swimming strokes. Success oriented and fun for the entire family, there is something for everyone in the Swim for Life program.
Aquatics Programs continued commitment to Quality
We are committed to quality programs and a positive experience for all students and parents. To ensure this, we organize our programs to meet everyone’s needs.
- 35 & 50 minute classes (increased from 30 & 45 minute classes).
- 9 week program (allows us to not schedule classes during holidays).
- Scheduled 5 minute rotation/evaluation/connect with parents time between classes.
- Expanded parent & tot classes.
- Expanded preschool 4 & 5 classes.