You play while they play.
We are pleased to provide our members and day pass users with Child Minding services while you use the Centre.
Child Minding services are available for kids ages 2 months to 10 years old and are included in all annual memberships.
We use a pre-booking system for all children, which includes an online booking option.
How to Book
- Book Online: Visit our Online Registration Services page to book your Child Minding time through MyRec. Once your time is booked, an email confirmation will be sent to you.
- Visit: Stop by our Customer Service Desk during business hours
Please note: Child Minding must be booked in the child’s name –i.e. each child in your family/group will need a unique email address and log in separately to complete the booking process. Fortunately, we have a how-to for creating new MyRec accounts if required. View How-To’s
Please note: We have a 1.5 hour max time limit from the start of your booking time, not your arrival time. Child Minding is closed on holidays.
Child Minding Details
- Annual members: Complimentary for children ages 2 months to 10 years living in the same household; may book online or in-person up to 3 days in advance
- Non-annual members and non-members: $5 drop-in fee per child; may book online or in-person up to 1 day in advance
- Drop-in fees for no-shows will not be refunded
- Walk-ins are welcome if space allows
- Please cancel your booking online through MyRec or notify us in advance at 902.490.2400 ext. 7 if you cannot make your booking. Booked spots will be held for 15 minutes before considered a no show. After 3 no-shows, you will no longer have the option to pre-book.
- Children ages 2 months to 10 years—options available to book will be Child Minding Non-walking or Child Minding 12 months. To be considered walking, a child must be consistently able to walk on their own without assistance.
- All waivers/forms must be completed before child(ren) can be left in Child Minding
- Parents must stay in the building while your child(ren) is in the care of our Child Minding services. If your child(ren) is experiencing any of the following ailments or symptoms, we ask that you not bring them into the Centre until their symptoms have subsided: cold, flu, fever, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach. Please understand our right to deny your child’s entry if they are displaying these symptoms as we do not want any illnesses passed on to other children and/or instructors.
- Children must be well behaved or parents will be asked to take them home
- No food or snacks allowed in Child Minding. Please ensure they have a snack before or after visiting Child Minding. Exception will be made for babies who may require a bottle to settle.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask our friendly Customer Service staff at 902.490.2400 ext. 7.
Have A Look Around
We’re constantly changing up the activities available in Child Minding, so the room may not always look exactly the same, but the fun never leaves!