From cardio to weights, yoga to circuits—if it keeps you fit, active, & healthy—it happens here.
Fitness Centre Features
- Lots of bright workout space —11,500 square feet of it, to be exact!—located on the 2nd floor
- Get the machine you want with 75 pieces of cardio equipment and no sign up sheets
- Try our weight circuit, pin-select & free-weights
- Stretch, strengthen and practice yoga in our relaxing Fitness Studio, featuring a panoramic view
- Feel good knowing we’re environmentally friendly: recycled rubber flooring is just one way we keep things green
Please note: The Hoist Circuit equipment and some cardio pieces have moved to the perimeter of the Track.
Fitness Centre Orientation
We’re committed to helping you develop the strategies and techniques that will help you reach your goals. Tell us where you want to go, and we’ll help you get you there.
The first step is with a complimentary Fitness Centre Orientation for members (ages 14+) to introduce you to the fundamentals of the Fitness Centre. Perfect for both brand new gym goers looking to learn the ropes, and for fitness centre veterans looking to boost their personal goals.
This general fitness facility and equipment orientation will have you feeling comfortable to complete a great workout by yourself, with a friend, or in a group exercise class.
- Who? All Members of the Canada Games Centre (excluding Day Passes)
- What? Free 45-minute session in the Fitness Centre designed to introduce you to the equipment and how it is used
- Where? CGC Fitness Centre
Booking Your Orientation
- NEW! Book Online: Visit our Online Registration Services page to book your Fitness Centre Orientation through MyRec. Once your time is booked, you will receive an email.
Booking times are weekly, except Sunday’s sessions are twice per month:
Why not try a Drop-in Group Fitness Class? These classes are included with your membership with us, and are a great way to try something new, find workout buddies and stay motivated.