Press Play | Facility Reopening Update
As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
Press Play | Stage 3 Begins August 31st, 2020: Press Play Stage 3 Details
Meeting Room Rentals will be available in Stage 3:
- Meeting room rentals begin August 31st
- Max 10 people without social distancing or # predetermined by room size and social distancing depending on rental group; masks required in rooms
- Hand sanitizer and/or handwashing stations in each room
- Rooms disinfected after use
- To book a meeting room, please contact our Facility Rentals and Events Coordinator:
- By phone: 902.490.2238
- By email: email@example.com
Active Space Rentals are currently available:
Provincial Sports Organizations and sports team rentals are based on their respective Return to Play plans and the availability of space within the facility in Stage 3.
Rentals — birthday parties, group swims and events — are not available in Stage 3 of our reopening plan.
The exact date of the availability of additional rentals is currently unknown. The reintroduction timeline will be guided by Public Health changes in restrictions and in support of a safe, sustainable, slow and steady approach.
Located just 30 minutes from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, a short drive or walking distance to several hotels, and just 15 minutes to the bustling port city of downtown Halifax, the Canada Games Centre is situated in a vibrant community within the Halifax Regional Municipality.
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in the Atlantic Region and a showcase venue for the 2011 Canada Winter Games, we can provide you a unique opportunity for facility rental space to meet a variety of your needs. From meetings to events to sport competitions, we have something for you – all in one inspiring setting.
It happens here.
- Brainstorm with a walk around our indoor Track.
- Settle a debate with a free throw competition in our Field House.
- Strategically plan while soaking in our hot tub.
- Review last quarter’s results in one of our bright meeting rooms.
- Take a stretch break in our Fitness Centre.