Celebrate With Us
We’re the perfect place for a fun, exciting and stress-free party!
Party Packages & Rates
|Pool Party Package (20)
Our Pool parties include 1 hour in the pool followed by 1 hour in one of our party rooms.
*HST not included. A small fee applies for additional party bracelets up to a maximum of 10 for the Pool Party.
Party rates include:
- A total of 20 bracelets (additional bracelets can be purchased at the Youth Day Pass rate). Adult chaperones and children must have a bracelet to enter the pool. Pool party guests will have access to the Leisure Pool (3ft), Tots Pool (children 7 and under) and both Water Slides.**
**The swim portion of the pool party is not private, it is during Open Swim times, and all guests must be at least 48 inches in height to use both Water Slides.
- Party activities include an additional 30 minutes before the party start time for hosts to set up, decorate and for guests to arrive.
- The room portion of your rental is private. CGC Staff will set up the room furniture before you arrive. Tables, chairs and trash bins for garbage disposal are all provided by the Canada Games Centre.
- We suggest having your guests arrive early! Guests are to remain in the party room until CGC Staff arrive to take the group to the change rooms.
Pool Party Booking Times (subject to availability):
(First hour of party is in the pool)
|7:00pm – 9:00pm (party room available starting at 6:30pm)
|1:00pm – 3:00pm (party room available starting at 12:30pm)
|4:00pm – 6:00pm (party room available starting at 3:30pm)
|1:30pm – 3:30pm (party room available starting at 1:00pm)
|4:30pm – 6:30pm (party room available starting at 4:00pm)
Booking Your Party
Online booking is only available for Pool Parties.
Start by visiting MyRec. It works best in Google Chrome.
- Select “Search for Courses”
- From the “Main category” menu, select _Birthday Parties & Private Pool Rentals
- From the “Sub-category” menu, select Canada Games Centre
- Click “Search”
The party search results will be listed. Click on the Pool Party you’re interested in and if it’s available select “Register”. You’ll be asked to sign into your MyRec* account (if you’re not already logged in). Follow the rest of the prompts to continue with your booking, add it to your cart, and make payment.
After your party is booked, an email confirmation, waiver and payment details will be sent to you from our Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator.
*New to MyRec? See our How-To’s.
Other Ways to Book
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 902.490.2238
- Visit: Stop by our Customer Service Desk during business hours
Please note dates are first come, first served. We do not hold or tentatively book dates.
Additional Party Information
Cancellations received with more than seven (7) days’ notice of the contracted booking date will be given a full refund. Cancellations with less than seven (7) days’ notice will be charged 50% of the total booking fee. Cancellations less than 24 hours before the contracted booking date will be charged the full booking amount.
Canada Games Centre Rules & Regulations
- User Code of Conduct applies to users, participants, rental groups, parents and spectators within the Centre.
- All participants going into the pool area (pool deck and/or pool) must be wearing a CGC party bracelet. This includes the party host. CGC Events Staff will ensure all children and adults have a bracelet before entering the change rooms.
- Chaperones are required to help supervise the children during the swim, in addition to the lifeguards who will be on-duty during your party. The chaperone ratio is listed below, and the following rules must be adhered to during the swim:
- Children ages 7 and under: 5:1 (one adult chaperone for every five children); chaperones must be in the water and be within arm’s reach
- Youth ages 8-12: 10:1 (one adult chaperone for every ten children); chaperones must supervise the youth on the pool deck
- Party guests must be at least 42″ tall to ride the yellow slide and 48″ tall to ride the blue slide
- Party guests are not permitted to use the Hot Tub or Sauna
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted in the Aquatics Centre – applies to participants and spectators.
- Only water and sport drinks are allowed in the Aquatics Centre. Food is not permitted and must remain in the party room.
- The use of camera/video enabled devices is strictly prohibited in change rooms and washrooms. Party participants may use their camera on the pool deck area for personal use only. Please be respectful of others and capture only those in your party.
- Catering options are available through our on-site vendor, Subway. As a partner of the Centre, Subway offers party hosts a 10% discount on party subs, sandwiches and cookie platters – a quick and easy way to satisfy hungry kids after their swim!
- Orders are made directly between you (the party host) and the local Subway store. Please click here for food options. For orders, call 902.490.3131 at least 24-48 hours prior to your party date. Don’t forget to mention you are hosting a party at the Canada Games Centre to ensure you receive your CGC discount.
- If you wish to bring your own food to your party, please feel free to do so. We have a fridge on-site if you need to keep anything cold – just ask our Events Staff. Please note that guests are not permitted to cook anything, and we do not have a stove or microwave available on-site.
Parking at the Canada Games Centre is free of charge; lots are located in the front and side of the building. Please note that parking is not guaranteed and during peak times could be limited.
Decorating the Party Room
You are welcome to bring decorations to personalize your party room, but we ask that you limit your decorations to colourful tablecloths and festive plates/cups to ensure quick and easy set-up and clean-up. The use of confetti; tape; staples; nails; squirt guns and silly string are not permitted.
What Should I Bring?
Here is a list of items that are commonly brought by party hosts:
- Food and drinks
- Napkins, plates and cups
- Tablecloths (4)
- Knife (to cut the cake)
- Birthday cake candles
- Treat bags
- Music player
After the Party
It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure all decorations, trash and any items brought into the party room are removed or thrown in the trash before you leave. Please make sure to schedule your party activities so that you finish on time. Renters are only permitted in the party room for the time indicated on the signed contract.
Printable CGC Party Packages Info Sheet – coming soon!
Printable Birthday Party Invitations
Click here to download printable invites (two per page)