Meet Rita, our member profile for April. From the Field House to the pool, Rita is at the CGC three times a week for her favourite classes—Cardio Combat and AquaHIIT. The CGC introduced her to the world of fitness and the people she attends class with motivate her to keep living a more active lifestyle. She always shares her smile and enthusiasm, no matter which class she attends! When Rita is not working out, she's busy knitting and donating baby blankets.
"I feel I belong here and am part of big friendly group."
"Lebanon/20 years in Halifax"
"CGC introduced me to the fitness world. Fitness for me is feeling better about myself, less pain, and a more active lifestyle. I get motivated by the group I workout with and the results, changes, and strength I experience."
- What motivates you to be active? Why is fitness important to you?
"What I like about CGC is that it is not just a gym/workout place. I feel I belong here, and am part of big friendly group. You can find me here three days a week in the Field House doing Cardio Combat or HIIT and in the pool doing aquatic workouts."
- What do you like about the CGC? Where in the CGC will we find you?
"My favourite routine now is Cardio Combat and AquaHIIT."
- What is your favourite workout routine or your current fitness goal/accomplishment?
"My post workout snack is yogurt, bran flakes, fruit and honey."
- What is your favourite post-workout snack?
"I listen to all kinds of music. I usually like what our instructor plays in the classes I attend."
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now?
"My pastime these days is reading and knitting baby blankets."
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
"I like to eat lol, but I will say chips and chocolate."
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
"The first impression I got from CGC is how welcome the staff/instructors make you feel. They are there to answer all your questions and guide you through the workout so you will get the best results and avoid injuries."
- What was your first impression of the CGC?
“If you can't do what you love, love what you do."
- What is your favourite quote?
"I wish people knew how many variety of classes the CGC offers and how beneficial they are for our health and fitness, and how lucky we are to have such a modern facility close by."
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?