Michael has been a CGC member for two years now, but he says you wouldn't have recognized him when he first started at the Centre. At almost 300lbs, Michael decided it was time to take his health and fitness seriously and signed up for a membership at the CGC. Since then, he has fallen in love with weight training and can often be found in the Fitness Centre, reaching his goals and setting personal records.
"I finally decided to join CGC and take my health and fitness seriously. Ever since then, I fell in love with weight training and fitness."
" Halifax, Nova Scotia"
"The friendly staff and amazing fitness facility with a variety of activities to do."
- What do you like about the CGC?
"Fitness is important to me because it drives you to better yourself every day, to me, it's like therapy."
- What motivates you to maintain an active lifestyle/why is fitness so important to you?
"Spend time with family and friends."
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
"I'm usually in the gym, hitting the weights. I have more of a bodybuilding approach."
- What is your favourite workout routine/where in the CGC will we find you?
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
"Favourite movie - John Wick; favourite book - It; favourite TV show - Seinfeld."
- What is your favourite book, movie or TV show?
"Straight Out the Gate - Tech N9ne."
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now?
"Blood, sweat and respect. First two you give, last one you earn - Dwayne Johnson."
- What is your favourite quote?
"I have lost close to 80 lbs since starting at the CGC, coming down from 239 lbs to 215 lbs. I have always been on the heavier side most of my life and I struggled with losing weight time and time again. So, I finally decided to join CGC and take my health and fitness seriously. Ever since then, I fell in love with weight training and fitness."
- What is your current workout goal or accomplishment since starting at the CGC?
"When I first came here I was amazed with all the fitness related activities you can participate in, such as the pool, the gym and the track."
- What was your first impression of the CGC?
"Honestly has to be when I got a bench PR of 330 lbs. I strove for that goal for such a long time and it was amazing to finally reach it."
- What is your favourite memory of the CGC?
"That it has everything you need to reach your fitness goals for a good price. Also, it has amazing staff that are extremely friendly and always make you feel welcome."
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?