Non-members registered in CGC programs will receive this red card the first time they register.
How do they work?
- Cards are handed out at the time of in-person registration or can be picked up prior to or on the program start date (unless you already have one from previous sessions).
- Scan your Program Access Card to go through the gates. Access is available up to 30 minutes before and during your registered program.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Forgot your Program Access Card?
- No problem – check in at our Customer Service Desk to validate your registration in the program. But please note, after the third time you’ve forgotten your card you’ll be required to purchase a replacement card with a fee of $2 (plus tax).
What if I already have a card from registering in a previous programming session or have a Halifax Rec card from a program at another facility?
- Great! Cards are reusable and will reload itself with your new programs automatically. Just remember to bring it with you on the program start date and there’s no need to check in.
What if I’m a CGC Member, do I need a program card?
- CGC Members can scan in at the gates using their membership cards.
- Children under 12 will use the same Program Access Card as their accompanying adult. The card needs to be scanned for each individual, and visitors must enter gates one at a time allowing for them to open and close.
- If additional parents/guardians/spectators arrive after the participant has gained access, they are asked to check in with our Customer Service Desk to verify their child’s registration in the program, and then they will also be let in through the access gate.
- We understand that others may wish to watch their child during their program. Individuals may access the facility at the same time as the card holder, but will not be granted entrance if they arrive after the program participant swipes their card and enters.