Press Play | Facility Reopening Update
As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
Press Play | Stage 3 Began August 31st, 2020: Press Play Stage 3 Details
Fall 2020 Program Guide
Fall Registration Dates
Online: September 15th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: September 17th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: September 22nd, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: September 24th, beginning at 8:00am
A note on our After School Program (Stage 3):
- At this time, Public Health is indicating After School programs follow a cohort method:
- Current grouping capacity limits our program to a maximum of 60 kids (split into 4 groups)
- Each group will be in a different room, kept separate from each other and other facility users
- Children will use a separate entrance and exit for drop-off and pick-up; social distancing parent/guardian pick up policy in place
- Children will be accompanied by a staff member while travelling throughout the building to help ensure social distancing
- Please note that registration for the After School Program is full for 2020-2021.
Our Field House and Track
A bright and airy environment you’ll have to see to believe.
52,000 square feet of hardwood court space, along with an indoor 6-lane running track are all available to you. Two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, and roof-facing, auto-dimming lights change the brightness of the facility with each passing cloud or ray of sun.
Field House Features
- Taking in a game on one of 3 FIBA sized basketball courts, divided with horizontal, automatic curtains
- Playing a pick-up game with friends on one of 4 “Mini” Basketball Courts
- Serving and spiking on 5 FIVA Sized Volleyball Courts
- Rallying on 8 Badminton Courts
- Floating maple hardwood floor
- 60-foot ceilings with up-lighting to prevent glare on courts and in eyes
- Portable bleachers so your fans can take it all in!
- Work on your personal best time on our 200-metre, 6-lane indoor track
- Give it your all on the Long Jump Pit (open only for rentals upon request)
- A natural and synthetic rubber compound surface is engineered to increase shock absorption and reduce your muscle fatigue for a better run (or walk)