Press Play | Facility Reopening Update
As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
A Note on Summer Camps
- July 6th Update: We’re pressing play on active summer fun with 2 weekly camps from July 20th to August 28th. In anticipation of welcoming summer campers, we are implementing a number of safety measures to ensure all members, users and campers have a safe and healthy experience at the CGC:
- Summer Camps begin with small groups of 8 campers and 2 leaders
- Campers will be kept separate from other users of the facility
- Campers will use a separate entrance and exit for drop-off and pick-up
- Campers will be accompanied by a staff member while travelling throughout the building to ensure social distancing
- Each camp will be set up in their own rooms and will use separate change rooms to access the Aquatics Centre
2020 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION DATES
Online: July 9th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: July 14th, beginning at 8:00am
Our Field House and Track
A bright and airy environment you’ll have to see to believe.
52,000 square feet of hardwood court space, along with an indoor 6-lane running track are all available to you. Two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, and roof-facing, auto-dimming lights change the brightness of the facility with each passing cloud or ray of sun.
Field House Features
- Taking in a game on one of 3 FIBA sized basketball courts, divided with horizontal, automatic curtains
- Playing a pick-up game with friends on one of 4 “Mini” Basketball Courts
- Serving and spiking on 5 FIVA Sized Volleyball Courts
- Rallying on 8 Badminton Courts
- Floating maple hardwood floor
- 60-foot ceilings with up-lighting to prevent glare on courts and in eyes
- Portable bleachers so your fans can take it all in!
- Work on your personal best time on our 200-metre, 6-lane indoor track
- Give it your all on the Long Jump Pit (open only for rentals upon request)
- A natural and synthetic rubber compound surface is engineered to increase shock absorption and reduce your muscle fatigue for a better run (or walk)