Please note there are currently additional safety protocols in place during the COVID-19 pandemic. Where these rules differ from what’s listed below, the COVID-19 measures will take priority.
- Children 7 years old or younger MUST remain within arms’ reach of a parent or guardian (18+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 years old MUST have an adult remain on-site within close proximity of the Aquatics Centre.
- Dangerous practices are prohibited. Patrons must not run on the pool deck; climb slide stair railings; jump from the hot tub edge; dive in shallow water (less than 9ft deep); swim in diving areas; double bounce or crowd diving boards; dunk, push, pull or unnecessarily splash other swimmers.
- Instructions and emergency procedures from lifeguards must be followed. Swimmers must leave the pool area immediately upon hearing a double or triple whistle blast from a lifeguard.
- Children ages 0-4 years old may use the male or female changes rooms with their parent or guardian.
- Children of the opposite gender ages 5 years or older must use the family change room or the change room of their gender.
- Family Change Room is for use by parents with children up to ages 12 years old and individuals who require assistance or privacy due to special circumstances. A parent or guardian must accompany their child when using the family change room. Family Change Room is gender neutral.
- NO camera/video enabled electronic devices are allowed in the change rooms or washrooms.
All Areas of Aquatics Centre
- Outdoor footwear, clothing and strollers are NOT permitted on the pool deck.
- Proper swim attire is required. Cut off shorts, underwear, sports bras, boxers and loose fitting clothing like t-shirts are not acceptable swimwear.
- Food, beverages or any breakable items are NOT permitted in the pool area. Please discard chewing gum in garbage receptacle before entering the pool.
- Anyone not toilet trained must wear water resistant swimwear to prevent contamination of the pool. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
- Personal toys (including puddle jumpers and mermaid tails), monofins, snorkels, and/or aquatic masks are NOT allowed. Should you or your child need flotation support for the pools, we have lifejackets, PFDs, and flotation belts onsite, simply ask a lifeguard.
- Fins are only permitted during lane swim. On occasion during peak demand, the lifeguards may restrict usage of fins to ensure the safety of all swimmers.
- All patrons MUST shower with soap before entering the pool. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes are NOT permitted in the pool.
- Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area, with the exception of guide dogs. Guide dogs are allowed on deck, but not in the water.
- The use of camera/video enabled devices is strictly prohibited in change rooms and washrooms. The use of camera/video enabled devices in the Aquatics Centre is allowed provided it is for personal use only, does not disrupt the activity of others, and is in accordance with the CGC User Code of Conduct and posted Safety Standards. Please be respectful of others: avoid capturing others in the background of photos, and make phone calls/send texts in the hallways.
- Written permission from the CGC is required prior to capturing any images or video for professional or commercial use within the facility.
A patron will be verbally warned for the first offense; the patron will be asked to leave the pool facility if a second offense occurs.
- Follow the instructions of the slide attendant at all times.
- All riders must be at least 42″ tall to ride the yellow slide and 48″ tall to ride the blue slide.
- Riders should be in good health. Pregnant women or individuals with heart or back conditions should not use slides.
- Do NOT use the slides while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No foreign objects are allowed in pockets and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide.
- Proper swim attire is required. Cut off shorts are not permitted.
- Riders must enter the slide on the guards command in a sitting position until told to go.
- All riders must ride feet first while lying on their back, with arms crossed across their chest or hands clasped behind their head with legs crossed at the ankles. Absolutely no riding on stomach or head first is permitted.
- Only one rider at a time. Absolutely no trains or chains of riders are permitted.
- No tubes, mats, goggles, or lifejackets are permitted on the water slide.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling or stopping in the slide. Arms and hands must remain inside the blue slide.
- Exit either slide at the appropriate point and in a calm and timely manner.
- Maximum operational load: 1 person, 300 pounds.
- All users must be 16 years of age or older.
- Hot Tub capacity is 14 participants.
- Showering is required before entering the hot tub.
- A time limit of 15 minutes must be observed due to the fatiguing effects of prolonged use of the Hot Tub.
- Clean swim attire must be worn at all times.
- Pregnant women should not use the Hot Tub.
- Elderly participants, and/or participants with respiratory or cardiopulmonary problems, should not use the Hot Tub without prior medical approval from their doctor.
- Any participant having a skin disease, nasal or ear discharge, communicable diseases, or who is wearing any kind of bandage will not be permitted in the Hot Tub.
- Participants having any considerable areas of exposed sub-skin tissue, open blisters, cuts, sunburn, etc. are warned that these are likely to become infected.
- Do NOT use under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics, or tranquilizers.
- Do NOT use a Hot Tub if you are taking any medication that makes you drowsy or affects your circulation. If necessary, check with your doctor.
- Soaking in the warm water can dehydrate you, which could lead to nausea, dizziness, or fainting. Take breaks from the Hot Tub and drink water before getting back in.
- All users must be 16 years of age or older.
- Sauna is co-ed. Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- No spraying water on the walls, floors or sauna elements. No placing wet or dry items on the sauna elements
- Under no circumstance should users wear excess clothing such as a rubberized suits or plastic clothing. Do NOT exercise in the sauna.
- Pregnant women should not use the sauna.
- Elderly participants, and / or participants with respiratory or cardiopulmonary problems, should not use the sauna without prior medical approval from their doctor.
- Do NOT use the sauna while under the influence of alcohol, anti-coagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics or tranquilizers.
- Remove all jewellery before using the sauna room.
- Following vigorous exercise, allow a cool-down time before entering the sauna and reduce your session time.
- A time limit of 15 minutes must be observed due to the fatiguing effects of prolonged use of the sauna. Long exposures may result in nausea, dizziness or fainting.
- Upon experiencing any nausea, dizziness, hot flashes or cold chills, headaches, or other discomfort, leave the sauna room immediately.
- After using the sauna room, participants must shower prior to entering the pool or hot tub.
- Please NO shaving or spitting while using the sauna.
- Only one diver on a board at a time.
- For your own safety, no diving from the sides of the boards.
- Only one bounce permitted when diving. No bum drops!
- Avoid diving/jumping when other swimmers are present below, wait until they have cleared the area.
- Upon reaching the surface, swim to the side and immediately exit the pool / diving zone.
- Only patrons confident in their swimming ability should attempt to use the diving boards.
- Personal floatation devices (PFDs) are not permitted on diving boards.
- Remove swimming googles before using the diving board. Jumping with them on can result in injury.
- We recommend that swimmers using the diving board do not attempt twists and flips unless trained by a diving coach.
Your decision to use the diving board is your own and you accept all responsibility for anything that might occur as a result of that use.
- You must be able to swim 25m non-stop to use the inflatable. Lifejackets are not permitted on the inflatable.
- You may not use the inflatable if you have a history of neck problems, epilepsy, heart complaint, panic attacks, or are pregnant, unwell or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- 1 person at a time on first half of inflatable.
- No bodily contact with another person.
- No sharp objects on the inflatable (no buckles, jewelry, hair clips, keys or eyeglasses). As well as no food or drink.
- Exit to the side of pool when you fall from the inflatable.
- Enter water feet first.
- Do not swim under the inflatable.
- Behave responsibly; boisterous or disruptive behaviour will lead to you being banned from play.