When Amy Doyle isn't chasing after her two young boys, she's taking time to fit a workout into her daily routine. As a Registered Nurse, Amy knows the benefits of keeping physically healthy for her job, but also loves how her workouts are a time when she can focus on herself. When people ask how she stays so dedicated, she says it's not hard when her time at the CGC is her little break; it puts her in a positive mindset to tackle the day, and gives her an opportunity to socialize and get to know other members of the CGC community.
"You'll find me working out along the side of the Track, wearing a baseball cap accompanied by bright coloured clothing (colours make me happy). If you see me, come say hi - I love to meet new people!"
"Moncton, New Brunswick however, Halifax has been home for the last 10 years."
"The friendly staff and all the lovely fellow members. I also genuinely look forward to reading the daily motivational quotes on the whiteboard - they help with my positive mindset."
- What do you like about the CGC?
"We only have one body, so it's important to take care of it. Living a healthy lifestyle and staying active allows me to keep up with my two young boys. I also want to stay physically strong for my profession as a Registered Nurse."
- What motivates you to maintain and active lifestyle/why is fitness so important to you?
"When I'm not chasing after my children, I enjoy golfing, biking, listening to podcasts/music and helping others with skin concerns as I own my own skincare business."
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
"I change it up frequently, but enjoy incorporating free weights. You'll find me working out along the side of the Track, wearing a baseball cap accompanied by bright coloured clothing (colours make me happy). If you see me, come say hi - I love to meet new people!"
- What is your favourite workout routine/where in the CGC will we find you?
"Spaghetti with lots of cheese."
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
"Chocolate protein bar to satisfy my sweet tooth."
- What is your favorite post-workout snack?
"Book - The Secret, TV show - Big Brother"
- What is your favourite movie/book/TV show?
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now ?
"Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand." - Bob Proctor
- What is your favourite quote?
"These days, I'm working to get lean and feel physically stronger since joining. I've also set a goal to work my way up to using the same weights that our instructor Amber uses in her Pumped class. She's such and inspiration and is one strong gal who I admire."
- What is your current workout goal or proudest accomplishment since starting at the CGC?
"A positive impression was immediately formed when I read the motivational quote posted on the whiteboard upon walking into the facility. The atmosphere has a strong sense of community and it's a warm and welcoming environment with so many activities to choose from."
- What was your first impression of the CGC?
"Being accompanied on a tour with the terrific Membership Coordinator who answered all of our many questions. Darren made our first experience enjoyable and I'll always remember and appreciate that."
- What is your favourite memory of the CGC?
"That on-site Child Minding is available for parents to have a break and focus on their health and fitness - no excuses!"
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?