Erin, Yuan & Raina
Meet Erin, Yuan and 6-year old Raina, our member profiles for January 2021. During the week, Erin and Yuan workout daily, and on the weekends, Raina leads the way on the Track, or in the pool, with a big smile and lots of energy! Before taking their family photo, Raina wanted to complete a warm-up lap of the Track and this winter, she's joining her black belt holder dad in the family karate program. They are both looking forward to it and Raina says the CGC is so much fun, she wants to become future staff.
"We love the big yellow slide that you can see from the outside. It makes the whole building look fun!"
Erin – "I grew up in Miramichi, NB, went to school in Fredericton, then moved to Halifax."
Yuan – "I was born in Henan, China and moved to Fredericton, NB as a teenager before moving to Halifax."
All – "The great amenities, especially the pool and the Track. We love the big yellow slide that you can see from the outside. It make the whole building look fun!"
- What do you like about the CGC?
Erin & Yuan – "We sit all day for our jobs, so the exercise feels great."
- What motivates you to maintain and active lifestyle/why is fitness so important to you?
All – "Reading, hiking, nature walks and gardening. We also love trying new recipes."
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
Erin & Yuan – "Fitness Centre or Track. Pre-COVID, we used the pool more often and the Sauna."
- What is your favourite workout routine/where in the CGC will we find you?
Erin & Raina – "Sweets and carbs – cake, cookies and fresh bread."
Yuan – "BBQ or roast with lots of meat, and noodles."
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
Erin & Yuan – "Fruit and protein smoothie, protein shake or protein fluff with coffee and cocoa powder."
- What is your favorite post-workout snack?
All – "Cartoons we can watch together. Hilda is a perfect show."
- What is your favourite movie/book/TV show?
All – "Whatever's on the radio, or fun songs from YouTube or SoundCloud."
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now ?
All – "To live a healthy lifestyle."
- What is your current workout goal or proudest accomplishment since starting at the CGC?
Erin & Yuan – "Playing in the pool with Raina while the sprinklers were on; watching Raina get over her fear of going down the water slide for the first time and then not wanting to stop."
- What is your favourite memory of the CGC?
All – "We have a great and welcoming place in this town, and we see all kinds of people in every age group whenever we are there. It's really cool to see people that are super fit or professional athletes doing their thing, other office workers and families having fun and elderly people staying fit too. We want to be exercising regularly for the rest of our lives."
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?