Sasa & Strahinja Mitrovic
This fun-loving pair is father/son duo Sasa and Strahinja Mitrovic. You'll find these two working out together all over the CGC - from the Fitness Centre to the Field House and everything in between. They both believe starting the day with exercise is good for body, mind, and mood, but their time spent together at the CGC is more than just a sweat session; it's a time for them to connect, talk through life events, and set up their day for success.
"Starting your day off with exercise helps you stay in a good mood and keep you mentally sharp."
"We are originally from Serbia, but have lived here in Halifax for 20 years."
"What we like about the CGC is the community and always seeing the same friendly faces."
- What do you like about the CGC?
"What motivates us to stay active is the return that you get from it. Starting your day off with exercise helps you stay in a good mood and keep you mentally sharp."
- What motivates you to maintain an active lifestyle/why is fitness so important to you?
"Nowadays, we don't have much spare time, but when we can find some, it's usually used to relax and eat outside in the backyard."
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
"Our favourite routine would be on Saturdays when it's a mix day of workouts, followed by a few laps in the pool and then relaxing in the hot tub or sauna."
- What is your favourite workout routine/where in the CGC will we find you?
"We occasionally like to eat out as a family to a restaurant where we will order a good amount of chicken wings."
- What is your favourite food or indulgence?
"Our favourite movies are the 'Alien' movies, hands down!"
- What is your favourite movie/book/TV show?
"We tend to workout without music so that we can talk to each other while working out. We have a lot going on right now, and the gym is a really good place to talk it over."
- What is your go-to workout song or what are you listening to right now?
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
- What is your favourite quote?
"Our current goal is to lose some winter weight while not killing ourselves! Like I said, working out is more to get our day going to help succeed in other things."
- What is your current workout goal or accomplishment since starting at the CGC?
"First impression of the CGC is that it is a place where you can do everything at a low price."
- What was your first impression of the CGC?
"There is no one specific memory, but we really enjoy talking to some of the senior members in the pool area after a workout."
- What is your favourite memory of the CGC?
"That after a while of going to the CGC, you will realize that it's not just a fitness centre, but a true community where you can feel you are a part of."
- What do you wish other people knew about the CGC?