Please note there are currently additional safety protocols in place as we reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic. Where these rules differ from what’s listed below, the Press Play protocols will take priority.
Your safety is important to us. To ensure safe practices in our facility, below are our safety standards. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to speak with any Fitness Centre Team member.
Fitness Centre Safety Standards
- Members must be 14 years old, and Guests must be 18 years old to use the Fitness Centre – ID will be requested.
- Please ensure that you check in at the Fitness Centre Desk and present a membership identification card before working out. Failure to have the proper ID will result in denial of workout in the Fitness Centre.
- Please wear appropriate exercise attire at all times. Shorts with no less than a 1 1/2 inch inseam and a shirt must be worn to cover the upper body; proper athletic shoes are also required. Casual clothing is NOT allowed. No jeans, jean shorts, or any article of clothing with zippers or rivets. No open-toed shoes, open-backed shoes, boots, sandals, or casual shoes are allowed. Failure to dress properly will result in denial to workout.
- Please do not disrupt or interfere in another member’s workout.
- Horseplay, profanity, racist or sexist comments will NOT be tolerated in the Canada Games Centre
- Please observe proper personal hygiene by showering regularly, wearing clean clothing and using deodorant.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use. Members must bring their own cardio and shower towels; the Canada Games Centre does not provide them.
- Personal items are NOT permitted in the Fitness Centre, group exercise, group cycle or the dance studio. Please keep your valuables in lockers.
- Eating or drinking inside the Fitness Centre or Studio is not permitted. Except water bottles in capped bottle.
- Weight plates are NOT to be leaned against equipment stands, walls or machines. Please replace weights after use.
- Dumbbells and weight plates cannot be dropped on floor.
- Only Fitness Centre Personal Trainers and Technicians are permitted to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments. No outside Personal Trainers are permitted.
- Report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries and specific concerns immediately to the Fitness Coordinator.
- Please NO use of chalk or other powders or scents.
- Members and Guests are not permitted to bring their own equipment into the Centre.
- The use of camera/video enabled devices is strictly prohibited in change rooms and washrooms. The use of camera/video enabled devices in all other areas of the facility is allowed provided it is for personal use only, does not disrupt the activity of others, and is in accordance with the CGC User Code of Conduct and posted Safety Standards. Please be respectful of others: avoid capturing others in the background of photos and make phone calls/send texts in the hallways.
- Written permission from the CGC is required prior to capturing any images or video for professional or commercial use within the facility.
- Members who participate at the Canada Games Centre will be doing so at their own risk. The Canada Games Centre is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis.
It is the member’s responsibility to follow all posted rules. Please ask the staff on duty if you have any questions or need assistance.
Group Exercise Studio Safety Standards
- Late participants may be not be permitted entry to class due to the importance of a sufficient warm up.
- We highly recommend that participants stay for the entire class to get the full benefit of the class.
- All equipment must remain in the studio and must be returned to its proper location after use. Equipment from other areas may not be brought in, unless otherwise instructed.
- Only non-marking athletic shoes are permitted in the studio.
- All participants are encouraged to bring a towel and water bottle and leave personal items in the Locker Room.
Group Cycling Safety Standards
- For the comfort of you and your fellow members, please bring and use a towel during your class.
- Only clean, indoor shoes permitted in the studio.
- No cell phones, iPhones, or Blackberrys permitted in the studio. If it is necessary to be reached for some reason, please leave your device and any instructions with our reception staff.
- Coats, bags, personal items are not permitted in the studio. Please leave these items in the locker room.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before class begins to set up your bike. Failure to do so will result in a wait-listed Member being offered your bike.
- Please clean your bike when your class is finished.