Winter 2022 Program Guide Now Online
Online registration for members begins Nov. 23, 2021
October 29, 2021
Our Winter 2022 Program Guide is here! The Guide highlights another exciting season of registered programs that will help keep the community active all winter long. CGC winter programs begin in January and continue to focus on physical literacy for all ages and fitness levels.
Take a peek at what’s on offer this winter:
- Learn the fundamentals of Badminton with a focus on movement skills, rules and grips
- Have fun, improve, and learn new skills in Pickleball Fundamentals or Skills & Drills
- Karate for all ages and skills
Fitness and Wellness
- Join Dylan on Tuesdays nights for Iron Circuit—a TRX and kettlebell weight conditioning interval program designed to get you fit fast
- Jam to the beat of the music with Amanda in Drum-Fit, that transforms drumming into an effective full-body workout
- Improve strength, endurance and body composition with 2 weekly workouts in Toughen Up
- Ladies, challenge your muscles and build your strength with Weight Lifting for Women (All Levels)
- Relieve stress, lower blood pressure and enjoy a tranquil energy with Ron Salah in Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi—open to all levels
- Choose from a variety of Yoga programs, including a new Yoga for Chronic Pain program
- Improve your technique and your posture in Functional Pilates
- Looking for a personalized program or sports training? Explore our Fitness Services, including Personal Training options and Dryland Team Training sessions.
- Learn basic aquatic survival skills and swimming techniques while having fun in Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Programs — Parent & Tot, Preschool, School-Aged Swimmers, and Teen lessons.
- Aquatics Leadership Programs are a great next step after swimming lessons, offer first aid and lifesaving training, and can be a great path for youth employment.
Winter Registration Dates
Online: November 23rd, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: November 25th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: November 30th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: December 2nd, beginning at 8:00am
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
Please note: We continue to stay up to date on the advice and protocols set out by Public Health, Return to Sport plans and the Nova Scotia Lifesaving Society during the pandemic. Should changes to our winter programming be required, we will provide an update.