Need that extra boost to get motivated? Want to build your confidence in the gym? Or are you looking to reach your goals 80% faster?
Consider working with a professional personal trainer. Our Exercise Specialists are certified professionals with a wealth of experience in helping individuals reach their goals.
As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
Personal Training is available during Stage 2 & 3 of our Facility Reopening with the following protocols:
- Training will take place in the Personal Training Studio with only the trainer and client in the space.
- The trainer will wear a mask if social distancing is not possible during the workout.
- Studio cleaned and equipment disinfected in between each client.
Personal Training Packages & Rates
|Personal Training Package*||Member||Non-Member|
|Individual Session – 1 hour||$50.00||$60.00|
|Package of 5||$230.00||$280.00|
|Packages of 10||$430.00||$530.00|
|Larger packages also available (11+ sessions)||$40.00 per session||$50.00 per session|
*Sessions can be scheduled at 1/2 hour intervals. Taxes not included in pricing above. All personal training packages expire within 1 year of purchase.
Small Group Personal Training
Do you have a group of friends interested in a Personal Training session? We can create programs for all levels and goals. Whether you golf together, run together or drink tea together we can develop a program for you that also follows current COVID-19 safety protocols.
Contact the Fitness Coordinator at 902.490.2249 to arrange.
Want to know more about Personal Training?
Complete the questionnaire and our Fitness Coordinator will contact you to make training arrangements.
We’ve been so inspired by the CGC community and your commitment to healthy habits through our monthly virtual fitness challenges, that we’re going to keep it going right through the summer! Like our previous challenges, the August Fitness Challenge is free to join for both members and non-members.
What’s it all about:
- A month-long workout plan guided by our CGC Fitness Team, starting on Saturday, August 1st.
- The plan includes:
- Live classes running Monday-Saturday
- Monday 9:15am Cardio Combat with Lisa
- Tuesday 5:45pm HIIT & Core with Allison K.
- Wednesday 10:45am Fit for Life with Ashley
- Thursday 7pm Yoga with Terrilee
- Friday 9:15am HIIT with Lisa
- Saturday 10:45am Zumba with Amanda S.
- Live classes running Monday-Saturday
- A variety of focused upper and lower body strength and conditioning workouts with Exercise Specialist Amanda Parker. These sessions are delivered as written workouts, but they include video links where proper technique and adaptations to individual exercises are demonstrated.
- Each class/workout will offer multi-level instruction so that everyone can have the workout best suited for them. Push yourself, but stay safe and listen to your body.
- The Challenge is designed for ages 12 years and up. Parent/guardian permission is required for youth under 19 to sign up.
Meet the Challenge Team:
What you’ll need:
- A computer, or other device, that can be linked to Zoom for the live workouts
- An area in your home or outdoors where you can exercise safely
- If you have small hand weights great, if not don’t worry – workouts are designed with minimal equipment in mind. A water bottle can also be filled and used instead of weights to help increase the intensity of certain exercises
How to join:
- If you signed-up for our May, June or July Fitness Challenges, no need to sign-up again for August, we did that for you!
- Anyone new to our challenges should join by August 1st to get the full month’s benefit of movement. You can still join after August 1st, but you won’t receive the live classes you’ve missed.
- To sign up, simply fill out the form below! After you sign up, you’ll receive your official Welcome to the Challenge package, with the fitness calendar and workouts, via email on July 31st. Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so you don’t miss it!