More Activity Capacities to Increase
Nova Scotia moves into Phase 4
July 13, 2021
Nova Scotia officially moves into Phase 4 of its reopening plan as of July 14th, 2021 at 8am (Press Release). In this phase, Public Health continues to ease some restrictions and increase gathering limits. With this news, we’re delighted to make a few adjustments to our capacities to allow for more people to be active, while still maintaining social distancing.
Effective Monday, July 19th at 6am:
- Lane Swim increases up to 4 swimmers per lane in the Competition Pool. Aquatics staff will assist onsite with lane assignments and matching speeds. For a refresher on lane swim etiquette when sharing a lane, please click here.
- Additional capacity will be added to most Fitness Classes (excluding Aquafit, Yoga, and Spin) – Summer 2021 Group Fitness Schedule | July 19th-September 5th
The additional spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as soon as we can change them all.
Capacity for summer camps increases to 30 campers per group plus staff. We are currently in the process of contacting individuals on the waitlist. While masking for summer campers is no longer required in Phase 4, CGC summer campers will continue to wear masks in the change rooms and hallways.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep the province moving in the right direction, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising. This includes but is not limited to: While moving from machine to machine, while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square, while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms, and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot;
- Follow directional arrows through the hallways and social distance whenever you can;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.
Booking / Cancelling An Activity
- All activities currently require booking. Love it or hate it, booking guarantees your space and helps you stay on track with your workout goals. We encourage you to book online instead of in-person, but we’ll be happy to help you either way.
- If you can’t make your booking anymore, please cancel it online or in-person to allow someone else to take your place.
For change room and activity specific protocols, schedules and more, visit the Amenities & Activities page in the Facility Reopening section of our website.