Fall 2021 Program Guide is Here!
Recreation, Fitness & Aquatics programs for all ages
July 30, 2021
Sept. 14th Update: Please note all CGC Fall Programs scheduled to start the week of September 20th are now rescheduled to start the week of October 4th. For individuals already registered, we will contact you directly with program specific details. The Fall 2021 Program Guide has been updated to reflect the new start/end dates.
Make this fall an active and healthy one! Choose from your favourite CGC programs or change your routine and try something new. We remain focused on physical literacy with programs starting in September for all ages and fitness levels to enjoy.
Here are a few highlights from our programming team:
- Learn the fundamentals of Badminton with a focus on movement skills, rules and grips
- Have fun, improve or learn new skills in Pickleball Fundamentals or Skills & Drills
- Karate is available for all ages and skills
Fitness and Wellness
- Spice up your walk and join us for an introductory 1-Day Nordic Pole Workshop
- Get fit from head to toe in an all-levels, interval-based Cardio Kettlebell
- Jam to the beat of the music with Drum-Fit, that transforms drumming into an effective full-body workout
- Improve strength, endurance and body composition with 2 weekly workouts in Toughen Up
- Ladies, challenge your muscles and build your strength with Weight Lifting for Women (All Levels)
- NEW! The FirePrep program with CGC Exercise Specialist Christie will put you through your paces and prepare you for the emergency services physical fitness test
- Relieve stress, lower blood pressure and enjoy a tranquil energy with Ron Salah in Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi — open to all levels
- Improve your technique and your posture in Functional Pilates
- Fitness Services available include Personal Training and Dryland Team Training
- Learn basic aquatic survival skills and swimming techniques while having fun in Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Programs — Parent & Tot, Preschool, School-Aged Swimmers, and Teen lessons
- Aquatics Leadership Programs are a great next step after swimming lessons, offer first aid and lifesaving training, and can be a great path for youth employment.
- The Lifesaving Society Assistant Instructor course runs for 3 days from September 17th-19th. This course prepares participants to help certified instructors with swimming and lifesaving courses.
Fall Registration Dates
Online: August 10th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 12th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: August 17th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 19th, beginning at 8:00am
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
Please note: We continue to stay up to date on the advice and protocols set out by Public Health, Return to Sport plans and the Nova Scotia Lifesaving Society during the pandemic. Should changes to our fall programming be required, we will provide an update.