We continue to follow the advice of the Province to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, visit: novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.
- Masks are no longer required within the facility, but fully welcome. Please continue to practice good hygiene, like wiping down your equipment, washing your hands frequently, and staying home when feeling sick. (Updated March 21st, 2022)
Registered Programs – General Notes:
- Non-members registered in CGC programs will receive a red program access card the first time they register (unless they have another card associated with their MyRec account). This card will allow access beyond the gates up to 30 mins before and during the time of the program. The access card cannot be transferred to another person. The CGC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged cards or any unauthorized use. If you forget this card, please check in at the Customer Service Desk.
- Member Discount: The program participant must be an annual member of the Canada Games Centre to qualify for the Member Rate. Exception is where program participant is under the age of two (2). In this case, the parent/guardian as a facility member will receive the Member Rate for the program. All other membership types do not qualify for program discounts.
- Accepted forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, debit cards, cash and cheques (some restrictions apply). The charge for non-sufficient funds is $40 plus tax. This is an administrative fee that will not be waived.
- HST: Program prices advertised are exclusive of HST with the exception of programs for children aged 14 and under, which are exempt of HST. Exceptions may apply.
- Pro-rating Program Fees: Program fees may be pro-rated for late registrants until the second day of a particular session. There are some programs with evaluated or instructional components. The Centre reserves the right to restrict participants from joining after the initial start date.
- Course Requirements: All participants must meet the requirements stated in the program description.
- Age Policies: Program participants must meet the required age by the start of the program. Please note that some programs may be exempt from this policy.
- Some programs may be cancelled due to insufficient registrants. The Canada Games Centre monitors registration levels prior to the start of programs to ensure quality programs are offered. A great course could be cancelled if there are not enough registrants. Register early to avoid program cancellations.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- The Canada Games Centre reserves the right to cancel any program, change session times and/or location.
- There are no refunds for programs offered at Canada Games Centre unless the program is cancelled by the Centre. If we cancel a program, full refunds will be issued.
- All changes must be completed in-person at the Customer Service Desk.
- Should you change your mind about a registered program, the Canada Games Centre will issue a non-refundable credit if a participant provides 7 days advance notice, prior to the start date of the program. Within 7 days of a program start date, no credit will be issued.
- Sessions unattended by the participant will not be rescheduled or credited.
- In the event of a medical emergency where proof is given, we will pro-rate a credit to be used towards another program.
- All non-refundable credits must be used within one year.
- Summer Camp: Cancellation notice must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the first day of camp to qualify for a refund. Refunds will be processed for the full amount of the fee paid, less an administrative charge (10% of the program fee).
- Liability Waiver: The Canada Games Centre is not liable for injuries sustained by participants. Participation is at your own risk.
- Inclusion: The Canada Games Centre is committed to providing safe and accessible services and activities for all persons. Those participants with special needs are welcome to attend any recreation activity compatible with their interests, abilities, and needs. If you or another participant has a special need that our staff should be made aware of before the start of a program, please contact the Canada Games Centre a minimum of two (2) weeks before the program start date to assist in the training and awareness of staff.
- Code of Conduct: Program participants must follow the Canada Games Centre User Code of Conduct, Safety Standards and Rules & Regulations.