Restrictions Return December 17th, 2021
Public Health reinstates physical distancing and gathering limits
December 15, 2021
The Province announced a return to restrictions provincewide as of December 17th, 2021 and lasting at least until the new year (Press Release). Physical distancing and gathering limits are among the restrictions that impact your visit to CGC.
We’ve updated the COVID-19 section of our website with more details, but here’s an overview of what to expect at the CGC as of 6am on Friday:
Booking Required for Activities
- The safest way to manage Public Health restrictions in capacity and support physical distancing, is through online booking of all available activities. It also enables you to guarantee your workout time and helps you stay on track with your healthy active living goals.
- Booking for activities on Friday, December 17th will be available online in MyRec and in-person as of Thursday, December 16th at 2pm.
- The ability to book 7 days in advance (for members and non-members) will become available later in the afternoon on Thursday, December 16th as soon as we have all the entries in MyRec. After that, booking 7 days in advance starts at 6am every day.
- We have how-to’s online to help anyone new to the booking process: https://canadagamescentre.ca/about-us/online-registration-services/#MyRecHowTo
- Booking is available for both members and non-members and payment is made at the time of booking, unless you have an active membership.
- Please note: 10 punch passes are currently on hold due to system constraints, and the expiry date will be extended to reflect the duration of the hold. In the meantime, access is available by purchasing a day pass.
Activities & Amenities
- The majority of our activities & amenities will remain available, but are subject to capacity restrictions. For a detailed list and updated Aquatics, Drop-in Fitness and Field House & Track schedules please see: Available Amenities & Activities
- Maximum capacity limits for each bookable activity will be displayed in MyRec.
Arriving for Your Activities
- Please bring your proof of vaccination and proof of identification (and CGC membership card if a member). You will need them for access every time, regardless of if you have a sticker on your membership card.
- Masks are required while inside the facility. They can be removed when exercising/directly engaged in physical activity. (Read More)
- Use the side entrance doors to enter the facility and the front doors to exit.
- Members and non-members will not have access to the facility any earlier than 10mins prior to their activity start time. A designated waiting area will be setup with physical distancing spots marked. Late entry to fitness classes and Aquafit is not permitted.
- To help us manage capacity within the change rooms, we encourage you to arrive dressed/ready for your activity. Please familiarize yourself with our change room protocols.
- Bags and outdoor shoes can be brought/worn into the facility and placed in a designated area near your activity. If you decide to bring a bag, we ask that you still try to limit your items as much as possible.
- Please follow staff directions and safety protocols while inside the facility. Practice social distancing of 2m (6ft), good handwashing and respiratory hygiene. Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- At the end of an activity time slot, everyone booked for that time slot must exit the facility, regardless of the time they entered.
- Spectators are only permitted for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger, with a limit of 1 parent/guardian per child. Proof of vaccination and proof of identification are required.
Winter 2022 Programs
- We are currently planning to have all Recreation, Fitness & Wellness, Aquatic Leadership and Swim Academy programs start on-time in January.
- The start of swimming lessons is being delayed, with a new start date to be determined. We’ll provide an update closer to January.
Update to Holiday Hours
December 24th, 25th & 26th | Closed
December 31st | 6am-2pm
January 1st, 2022 | Closed
Thank you for doing your part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow the advice of the Public Health and stay up-to-date through the Province’s website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.