Fall 2018 Program Guide Now Online
Online Registration for members begins August 7th
July 13, 2018
Fall back into an active routine this September with all of your favourite registered programs or try one of our exciting new ones! With a continued focus on physical literacy and a variety of programs and sports, there is something for all ages and fitness levels to help develop the skills and confidence to enjoy it all.
NEW 1-Day Workshops – Exclusively & Free for Members
- These workshops are a great opportunity to step out of your comfort zone, meet other members with similar interests, or maybe even discover a hidden talent or passion new to you!
- Active play school programs for children ages 3+ years — choose from Primary Prep, Play School Swim Lessons or Tiny Tumblers
- NEW! Learn the fundamentals of basketball and play games — for youth ages 5-8 and 9-12
- Sharpen your strategic skills in the new Learn To Play Chess (ages 6-13)
- Develop motor skills and be creative while doing basic dance steps, playing floor games and singing in our new fun Dance program!
…And so much more, including Pickleball, Karate, Wrestling and Badminton.
Fitness and Wellness
- Build strength and flexibility while learning how to use breathing to improve your spinning and yoga practice in the new Soul Rider program
- Take your training to the next level with Iron Circuit — a strength and conditioning interval program that’s sure to get your heart racing!
- Rock out, and get toned with Jessica in POUND® — that transforms drumming into an effective full-body workout
- Ladies, build your strength and confidence in one of these programs — Ladies Only Introduction to Lifting 101, Lifting 201, or Women’s Self Defence
- Relieve stress, lower blood pressure and enjoy a tranquil energy in Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi Level 1 or 2
- Take time for yourself in one of our yoga, pilates or self-care programs
- NEW this fall! A mindset well-being series with Peak Experiences
- Have fun while learning basic survival skills and proper swimming techniques in Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Programs — Parent & Tot, Preschool, School Aged Swimmer levels, Teen & Adult lessons.
- Aquatics Leadership Programs are a great next step after swimming lessons, offer first aid and lifesaving training, and can be a great path for youth employment
- First Aid Training now available for small or large groups, including Emergency First Aid, CPR & AED Responder
- The CGC Swim Academy returns for another exciting competition season this fall! All our youth aquatic sport teams under one umbrella, and with lots of opportunity to try them all. CGCSA Member Renewal Night takes place July 24th or 26th. Learn more about Swim Academy at the Information Nights on August 21st or 23rd. If you have any questions, please reach out to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Registration Dates
Online: August 7th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 9th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: August 14th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 21st, beginning at 8:00am
**Save the Date | 2018 FOOD RUN**
Join us again this year on Sunday, October 14th for the 6th Annual Food Run as we support FEED NOVA SCOTIA and celebrate community, healthy living and physical literacy. Registration is FREE.