Spring 2021 Program Guide Now Live
Online registration for members begins Feb. 23, 2021
February 12, 2021
Our Spring 2021 Program Guide features an array of registered programs for a healthy, active spring! All spring programs continue to follow the current advice and safety measures set out by Public Health, Return to Sport plans and the Nova Scotia Lifesaving Society.
Here’s a snapshot of what we’re offering starting in April:
- Kids and youth ages 6 to 16 can start to learn the rules and movement skills in Badminton or get in more practice time and training during Badminton Club
- Learn the game of Pickleball or improve your technique in Skills & Drills
- Karate programs provide the opportunity for skill development and active fun for ages 4 and up
Fitness and Wellness (Ages 16+)
- Cardio Kettlebell is an all-levels program with aerobic exercises to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength and stamina
- Have fun with heart pumping music and get a full-body workout in Drum-Fit
- A CGC Exercise Specialist will keep you on track and challenge you with a variety of workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays in Toughen Up
- Weight Lifting for Women, led by a female CGC Exercise Specialist, will help women feel confident while learning basic and intermediate lifting techniques
- Tai Chi is open to all levels and will improve core strength while relieving stress at the same time
- Choose a Yoga program that’s best suited for you: Introduction to Yoga; Yoga—The Next Step; or Restorative Yoga
- Functional Pilates challenges your body, helps build strength and gain stamina with a variety of standing, seated and lying positions
- Fitness Services are also available and include Personal Training and Dryland Team Training
- Learn basic aquatic survival skills and swimming techniques while having fun in Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Programs — Parent & Tot, Preschool, School-Aged Swimmers, and Teen Lessons. Adult Lessons are also available this Spring.
- Aquatics Leadership Programs are a great next step after swimming lessons. They offer first aid and lifesaving training, and can be a great path for youth employment.
Click to view the full Spring 2021 Program Guide
Spring 2021 Registration Dates
Online | February 23rd, beginning at 8:00am
In-person | February 25th, beginning at 8:00am
Online | March 2nd, beginning at 8:00am
In-person | March 9th, beginning at 8:00am
Don’t forget, you’ll need a MyRec account to register for all CGC programs!