Public Health Announces Return to Restrictions
Effective February 27th, 2021 at 8am
February 26, 2021
This afternoon, Public Health announced a return to restrictions in areas of HRM and some neighbouring municipalities, effective as of 8am tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 27th until at least 11:59pm on March 26th (https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210226005). Among the restrictions, are changes to sport – namely sport group size without social distancing (reduced to 25 people), no games or tournaments only practices, and no spectators.
Here’s how the CGC is affected:
- Out of an abundance of caution, we are cancelling our open swims this weekend (February 27th and 28th) and capacities will be adjusted for the following weekend. All affected bookings will be cancelled and day pass users will be provided with a credit on their accounts.
- Sport rentals for games and competitions will be cancelled. Sport rentals for practices with a maximum of 25 people will be allowed.
- Spectators are no longer allowed for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger; i.e. no spectators is now building-wide.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep it up, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising – This includes but not limited to: While moving from machine to machine; while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square; while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms; and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot;
- Only use the Wet Change Rooms or Family/Universal Change Room if you’re participating in an Aquatics activity (this helps us maintain capacity limits). Dry Change Rooms are available for dry land activities for showering and changing only (no lockers);
- Follow directional arrows through the hallways and social distance whenever you can;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.