More Opportunities to Stay Active at the CGC
Latest Public Health Easing of Restrictions
February 11, 2021
As of Monday, February 8th, 2021 Public Health increased gathering and capacity limits, including allowances for spectators (Press Release). After carefully reviewing the details and how they could apply to our facility, we have a few upcoming changes to share with you.
Beginning Friday, February 12th, 2021:
- Fitness Centre capacity will increase from 55 to 65 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Track capacity will increase from 55 to 65 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Basketball will move from 4 to 6 players per net, making 3 on 3 play possible
- Open Swims will increase from 50 to 60 swimmers when offered in both pools
The additional spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as quickly as we can change them all!
Spectators are only permitted for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger, with a limit of 1 parent/guardian per child. Physical distancing is required, and designated areas assigned.
Spectators for rental groups will not be permitted, regardless of the age of the participant.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep it up, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising – This includes but is not limited to: While moving from machine to machine; while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square; while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms; and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot;
- Only use the Wet Change Rooms or Family/Universal Change Room if you’re participating in Aquatics activities. Dry Change Rooms are available for dry land activities for showering and changing only (no lockers);
- Follow directional arrows through the hallways and social distance whenever you can;
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.