COVID-19 Exposure Notice
CGC Fitness Centre & Track, Sept. 15, 11:30am-1:30pm
September 19, 2021
We will always follow the guidance of Public Health to support our members, users, and staff who are impacted by COVID-19. When notified by Public Health, we commit to informing you regarding the exposure of COVID-19 in our facility. Out of respect for our community and their confidentially, we never release any personal information. The health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority.
On Sunday, September 19th, 2021, we were notified by Public Health regarding an exposure of COVID-19 in our facility.
The individual visited the Fitness Centre and Track on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 between 11:30am-1:30pm. There is no known exposure to anyone who attended the facility outside of the specified date and time block at this time.
What You Should Do
If you are fully vaccinated (your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine was 14 or more days before the date of the exposure):
- You are NOT required to self-isolate or to be tested, unless you develop symptoms.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days from the exposure. Symptoms include a new or worsening cough, and two or more of the following: fever (i.e. chills, sweats), shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, or headache.
- Anyone who develops symptoms is required to self-isolate, book a COVID-19 test, and stay isolated until you receive a negative test result.
If you are not fully vaccinated (you have only had one dose of COVID-19 vaccine or have not received any COVID-19 vaccine) you are at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Immediately self-isolate, whether or not you have symptoms.
- Book a COVID-19 test.
- Book a second COVID-19 test 6 or 7 days after the exposure. You can stop isolating after 7 full days only if this test is negative and you have no symptoms. Please avoid contact with immunocompromised people (i.e. nursing homes).
- A third test is recommended on day 14.
- If you choose not to be tested on day 6 or 7, you must isolate for a full 14 days from your most recent exposure. Testing continues to be strongly recommended after initial exposure and on day 14.
For those who require testing, to book your COVID-19 test visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you. When booking your test online, please select the reason for testing as: I was at one of the exposure sites at the date and time identified in a recent Public Health public service announcement or letter where testing was recommended. Please note: Please get tested at a COVID-19 testing centre or public health mobile unit; do not go to a pop-up rapid testing location.
Actions We’ve Taken
In addition to the ongoing disinfecting during and in between time slots, the CGC also performs a deep clean of all areas overnight. We also address all high-touch surface areas throughout the facility, including handrails and door handles, using disinfectant sprayers for full coverage.
We are emailing this notice to our members directly, as well as any non-members who booked activities during the specified date and time. We are also posting it to our website and social media feeds.
We remain committed to providing the safest space possible for the physical and mental health of our community.