Change to Court Bookings
New booking process starts March 9th, 2023
February 27, 2023
Badminton/Pickleball Court Bookings
Great news! A recent software update to MyRec has removed the limitation requiring everyone to book individually on a badminton or pickleball court. Beginning March 9th, 2023, a single player can book a court on behalf of their group of players.
How It Works
- Decide within your group who will book the court.
- As your group representative, log into MyRec*, search for the badminton or pickleball court time and day, and book an available court. Members can book up to 3 days in advance; non-members 1 day in advance.
- Arrange to meet your group at the CGC for your booked court time. Members scan their card at the gates to enter; non-members check-in at Customer Service and pay for a day pass.
- Head to the Field House to play badminton or pickleball on your booked court, have fun and get in a good workout!
Feel free to bring your lucky and/or favourite racquet, shuttle or ball with you! We have a limited number of racquets, balls, and badminton shuttles/birdies onsite.
*New to MyRec? See our How-To’s.
In an effort to make things fair, we will be monitoring the software bookings for double-bookings, multiple back-to-back sessions, and excessive no-shows. To help provide others with the opportunity to book and play, we ask that you:
- Do not book more than one court for your group during the same time slot. (Ex. If Jane Doe books courts three and four (3 and 4) at 10am, staff will remove one of those court bookings to make it available for others).
- Limit your group to only two (2) bookings back-to-back. (Ex. 10am & 11am, but not 10am, 11am and 12pm etc.)
- Show up for your booked court time. Staff will be monitoring “no-shows” and if an individual does not show up for their booking a total of three times (3x), the individual’s booking privileges will be suspended for a term of one (1) month.
- Can’t make your booked court time anymore? Please cancel your booking in MyRec to avoid being counted as a “no-show”.
No Change to Drop-In Pickleball
Drop-in Pickleball will remain the same where you do not need to book a court to play. People interested in trying the sport for the first time or simply playing with some new people are welcome to drop-in and join a game.