Africville Heritage Day 2020
We're open 8am-8pm on Monday, February 17th
January 24, 2020
Celebrated the third Monday in February, Nova Scotia Heritage Day is an annual reminder of our storied past and an opportunity to honour the remarkable people, places and events that have contributed to this province’s unique heritage. This year’s Nova Scotia Heritage Day recognizes the community of Africville. The year 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the Africville apology, a National Historic Site, which holds great significance to the African Nova Scotian community.
On Monday, February 17th, it’s FREE to stop in and be active with us from 8am until 8pm. Don’t forget your indoor shoes, bathing suits and ID.
Here’s what’s happening around the Centre:
- Facility Holiday Hours | 8am-8pm
- Family Fun Day with MLA Rafah Di Costanzo and the Friends of Clayton Park Society (FOCP) from 1pm-3pm (details below)
- Open Swim | 8am-8pm; Water Slides | 12pm-7:45pm
- Open Basketball and Open Badminton/Pickleball | 8am-8pm
- All Drop-in Fitness classes are running (except 6am Spin), with instructor changes for these classes:
- 9am Shallow Aquafit with Candice
- 9:15am Cardio Combat with Lisa
- 12:10pm HIIT Express with Reena
- 6pm Pumped with Lisa
- No swim lessons or registered programs*
- Child Minding is available from 9am-12:15pm and 5pm-8pm
*A note to registered program participants: Africville Heritage Day has been accounted for in your program start and end dates, so there are no make-up classes to worry about.
Family Fun Day with MLA Rafah Di Costanzo and the Friends of Clayton Park Society (FOCP) | 1pm to 3pm
Stop by — there will be fun for all ages!
- Run, jump and throw your way through the Physical Literacy obstacle course
- Enjoy a 2pm musical performance by Nova Nubian Drummers
- Face painting, crafts, snacks and more
For questions about Family Fun Day, please call 902-443-8318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on Heritage Day!