Activity Capacities to Increase Feb. 14, 2022
NS announces 3-phased plan to ease restrictions
February 10, 2022
On February 9th, Public Health announced a provincewide plan to ease restrictions over three phases (Press Release). It includes the gradual increase of gathering and capacity limits, as well as participant numbers for sport. After reviewing the details for the first phase and how they apply to the CGC, we have a few upcoming changes to share with you.
Effective Monday, February 14th at 6am:
- Fitness Centre capacity will increase up to 85 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Track capacity will increase up to 85 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Participant numbers in dryland Fitness classes will be adjusted on the schedule – updated schedule coming soon! Please note Aquafit class capacities will not be changing at this time.
- Basketball will move to 10 players per net, making 5 on 5 play possible
- Open Swim increases up to 50 participants when offered in both the Competition Pool and Leisure Pool; Water Slides to reopen on February 26th
- Lane Swim increases to 3 swimmers per lane in the Competition Pool
- Aquatics staff will assist onsite with lane assignments and matching speeds
- For a refresher on lane swim etiquette when sharing a lane, please click here
The additional spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as soon as we can change them all!
- Spectators are permitted for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger, with a limit of 1 parent/guardian per child. Physical distancing is required, and designated areas assigned.
- Spectators for rental groups are also permitted, with a limit of 2 parents/guardians per child.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep it up, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising – This includes but not limited to: While moving from machine to machine; while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square; while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms; and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot, and have your proof of vaccination and proof of identification ready for the check-in process;
- Only use the Wet Change Rooms or Family/Universal Change Room if you’re participating in an Aquatics activity (this helps us maintain capacity limits). Dry Change Rooms are available for dry land activities;
- Practice physical distancing;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.
Booking / Cancelling An Activity
- All activities currently require booking. Love it or hate it, booking guarantees your space and helps you stay on track with your workout goals. We encourage you to book online instead of in-person, but we’ll be happy to help you either way.
- If you can’t make your booking anymore, please cancel it online or in-person to allow someone else to take your place.
For change room and activity specific protocols, schedules and more, visit the Amenities & Activities page in the COVID-19 section of our website.