2021 Summer Camps & Programs Guide Now Online
Updated June 14th, 2021
April 16, 2021
Summer Camps & Programs Update (June 14th, 2021)
Online Registration for Summer Camps began on May 4th and summer camp spaces are limited. Registration for summer Recreation & Fitness programs, including swim lessons, will resume as follows:
Member Online & In-person | June 22nd beginning at 8am in MyRec
Non-member Online & In-person | June 24th beginning at 8am in MyRec
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We’re still very much looking forward to a safe, fun and active summer!
Summer is just around the corner and we’re excited to launch our 2021 Summer Camps & Programs Guide! With a continued focus on Physical Literacy and Sport for Life (S4L) principles, the Guide is filled with a variety of summer aquatics and fitness programs, as well as awesome themed camps to keep kids active for a week, a month, or all summer long.
Here’s a preview of the programs happening at the CGC this summer:
Summer Camps – Ages 5 1/2-12 years old*
Summer Camp Fun runs July 5th to August 27th
- Outdoor Explorers Camp | Like to be outdoors and have a passion for the environment? This camp is for kids who love nature
- Swim Lesson Camp | This 2-week camp is a great way to improve swimming skills
- Spectacular Science Camp | Have fun with science with hands-on activities such as slime making and more!
- Olympic Camp | Jump your highest, run your hardest and be your best while participating in a variety of Olympic themed sports and activities
- Aspiring Artists Camp | Dream of being an artist? Create a Picasso-worthy art pieces using various colours, materials, tools and styles
- Sport Conditioning Camp | Spend the day working on movement, speed training, agility and strength with a Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Youth Leadership Camp | Play ice-breaker games and learn valuable skills in leading children and helping out in your community
- And so many other camps to choose from, including Basketball, Chess, Crafty Kids, Soccer, Superhero, and more!
*5 year olds must have turned 5 by December 31st, 2020
Adult Fitness and Wellness
- Cardio Kettlebell is an all-levels program with aerobic exercises to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength and stamina
- Have fun with heart pumping music and get a full-body workout in Drum-Fit
- A CGC Exercise Specialist will keep you on track and challenge you with a variety of workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays in Toughen Up
- Weight Lifting for Women, led by a female CGC Exercise Specialist, will help women feel confident while learning basic and intermediate lifting techniques
- Tai Chi is open to all levels and will improve core strength while relieving stress
- Fitness Services are available and include Personal Training (One-on-One, Semi-Private and Small Group) and Dryland Team Training
- Dive into summer with swim lessons, starting at the Parent & Tot level through Swimmer 9
- Aquatics Leadership Programs are a great next step after swimming lessons. They offer first aid and lifesaving training, and can be a great path for youth employment.
- The CGC Swim Academy Summer Swim Team focuses on technique, sportsmanship, and of course, fun!