Swim Academy Supervisor/Head Coach
This opportunity is now closed
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the CGCSA Operational Committee, this role involves delivering the highest quality team leadership and coaching to CGC Swim Academy, which encompasses four programs: Water Polo, Lifesaving, Diving, and Swim (year-round Swim/Summer Swim/Masters, Adult.) This position supervises Lead Coaches and Assistant Coaches. The Head Coach reports to the CGCSA Operational Committee with the Aquatic Program Coordinator being the direct supervisor.
- Work with the lead coaches and assistant coaches to develop and deliver of all aspects of the CGC Swim teams
- Communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaches in a manner that adheres to the Canada Games Centre’s mission, vision and values
- Oversee the planning and implementation of practices and long-term athlete sport development plans for all CGCSA programs
- Provide support to on-deck programs
- Attend meets and competitions
- Implement sport evaluations and development strategies
- Communicate with Swim Nova Scotia, Water Polo NS, Diving NS, and The Lifesaving Sport Commission
- Recruit coaching staff, supervise performance, and manage schedules including subs
- Assist with arranging facility bookings for events and dry land practices
- Assist with the development of coaches through staff meetings, on & off-site training opportunities
- Ensure that knowledge, skills, and qualifications are kept up-to-date
- Use sound judgment as needed
- Other duties assigned
- Assist in the compilation of year-end sport reports
- Process and track registrations
- Create and update coaching resources
- Assist in the purchasing of new equipment and supplies
- Assist with maintaining staff records
- Good knowledge and understanding of the discipline of Swimming
- Approachable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and well-organized
- Ability to confidently lead and develop a coaching team
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, coaches, parents and operational committee
- Ability to report on progress and make adjustments as needed
- Ability to forge relationships with neighboring clubs and facility providers
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of competitive coaching experience
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C and AED (SFA with CPR Level C and AED)
- Age Group Coach Level 2 (Swimming 201)
- Lifesaving Sport Coach Level 1 (or attend course at CGC March 14 and 15, 2020)
- FMS and High Five training is considered an asset
- Swim for Life Instructor (SFLI) or Water Safety Instructor (WSI) is considered an asset
- Senior Coach (Level 3)
- Working knowledge of FMS principles, Canadian Sport for Life model, and the Get More from Sports philosophy
- Computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office, Hytek, Legend etc.
- Desire and willingness to continue professional development
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Requirement to work flexible hours – morning, day, evening, and weekends
- Approximately 35 hours per week
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective/barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 – $42,000 per year.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- 50% off CGC programs
- Free parking and proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Janet Parry-Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, March 26, 2020.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
This opportunity is now closed