Swim Academy Lifesaving Lead Coach
This opportunity is now closed
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Swim Academy Supervisor/ Head Coach, this role involves delivering the highest quality coaching and team leadership to the CGC Swim Academy Program. Please note that Lifesaving experience is required to be considered for this role.
- Work with the Swim Academy Supervisor/Head Coach and assistant coaches to develop and deliver of all aspects of the CGC Swim teams
- Responsible for the Lifesaving team and overseeing Assistant Coaches team
- Communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaches in a manner that adheres to the Canada Games Centre’s mission, vision and values
- Communicate with the Aquatics Team Lead/Supervisor on deck as required
- Create and effectively run practices and implement long-term team and athlete development plans
- Coach practices
- Attend local lifesaving competitions
- Assist in the implementation of Lifesaving Coach evaluations and development strategies
- Assist with recruitment and scheduling of Assistant Coaches
- Ensure knowledge, skills, and qualifications are kept up-to-date
- Use sound judgment when needed
- Other duties assigned
- Track attendance, participation, and challenges to communicate with CGCSA Supervisor/Head Coach
- Contribute to the development of coaching resources and team athlete development plans
- Written equipment requests as needed
- Good knowledge and understanding of the discipline of Lifesaving
- Ability to confidently lead and develop a Lifesaving team
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, coaches, parents, and CGCSA Supervisor/Head Coach
- Approachable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and well-organized
- 2 years of Lifesaving Sport experience
- Sport Fundamentals Coach
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C and AED (SFA with CPR Level C and AED)
- FMS and High Five training is considered an asset
- Lifesaving Instructor is considered an asset
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle
- NCCP Swim Level 1 (Swimming 101)
- Working knowledge of FMS principles, Sport for Life model and the Get More from Sports philosophy
- Computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office, web-based registrations, Legend etc.
- Desire and willingness to continue professional development
- Requirement to work flexible hours – morning, day, evening, and weekends
- Approximately 20 hours per week
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
The wage scale for this position is $14.00 -$16.00 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- 50% off CGC programs
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Janet Parry-Campbell at email@example.com by Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed