Summer Camp: Camp Administrator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre summer camp program is available for children between the ages of 5 and 12 and takes advantage of all that our 176,000-square foot state-of-the-art community recreation facility has to offer. Typical days include swimming in our Aquatics Centre, playing physically active games on our 52,000-square feet of hardwood court space in our Field House, running laps on our 200-metre six-lane indoor Track, crafting and classroom activities in one of our many community rooms, as well as outdoor play opportunities on our playground.
The Camp Administrator will be responsible for the daily planning and facilitation of camper sign-in/out, attendance tracking, and other scheduling duties. The Camp Administrator will liaise daily with parents and guardians inquiring about the camp programs to ensure all campers’ needs are being met. The successful candidate must be highly organized and have a strong administrative background but also experience and willingness to work in the camp setting when necessary.
- Communicate via email or phone to camp parents/guardians
- Lead daily sign in/out process
- Organize camp rosters, information binders, etc.
- Manage all aspects of program registration, changes, waitlist, and cancellations
- Assist with the overall program delivery of summer camp programs
- Assist with managing a staff team of up to 40 staff throughout the summer
- Collect and organize camp waivers for all participants before they attend camp
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a full-time student in University who will be returning to full-time studies in the fall (proof of enrollment will be requested)
- Preference will be given to students in fields related to recreation and child education (e.g., Recreation Management, Kinesiology, Education, Early Childhood Education)
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR-C (will be offered prior to start)
- Customer Service experience
- Previous experience in a setting where children are the main focus
- Previous experience leading a group of peers
- Experience in a customer service setting
- Previous office experience.
- Experience with Legend software is considered an asset
Knowledge and Education:
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer, or participant
- Previous experience in an office setting and in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Dedication to Customer Service
- This is a full-time position beginning May 16th, 2022 and ending August 26th, 2022
- Shifts are scheduled for 8.5 hours and will start and end between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday
- Flexibility for training shifts and adapting to camp needs will be required and will be worked out in advance with the direct supervisor
- Please note that you must be available for mandatory staff training on June 25th and 26th
- $15.85 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
- The Canada Games Centre has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination will be verified prior to the commencement of employment.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please combine a cover letter and resume into one document and label the file using only your first and last name (example: John Doe.pdf) and email your application to email@example.com by Sunday, March 20, 2022.
Please include the position(s) that you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents may result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed