Recreation Program Supervisor (9.5 month contract)
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will continue to do so for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and a major sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. The Canada Games Centre is a 176,000 square feet state-of-the-art community recreation facility. Check us out at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
The Recreation Program Supervisor for the Canada Games Centre will be responsible for daily supervision of staff, planning of curriculum and daily schedules for the after school program, camp programs and other recreation programming. This position will report directly to the Recreation Program Coordinator and will aid in providing resources, support and leadership to participants and staff. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service, the Recreation Program Supervisor must be highly organized and manage time effectively in order to complete scheduling tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overall supervision and scheduling of staff in all areas
- First line of contact for parent concerns/inquires
- Daily supervision of staff for the after school and camps programming
- Work to expand and improve on current program offerings and to increase value to participants through the development of new programs.
- Work in conjunction with Recreation Program Coordinator to ensure program development aligns with the Centre’s vision for the programs
- Assist in developing sports leagues and special events
- Develop and expand any procedural documents and training materials necessary for staff training
- Administrative tasks for the Recreation Department including processing of member/participant files for these areas
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Recreation Program Coordinator
- Graduate of Recreation, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health and Wellness or related discipline with combined experience
- Prior experience in a setting where children, youth, and recreation were the focus
- Working/playing knowledge of a wide variety of sports and physical activities
- Customer Service experience
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Summer Camp experience as a staff member
- Experience scheduling staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Graduate of Recreation, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health and Wellness or related discipline
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer and/or participant
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Ability to coach, train and guide staff, volunteers, and participants
- Hours will consist of primarily weekday shifts scheduled around the times of the After School Program and Camp Programs. Typical work hours throughout the year will fall between 8am and 7pm
- Weekend hours will occasionally be required and will be worked out in advance with the Recreation Program Coordinator
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on occasion
- Safe lifting, carrying and First Aid techniques.
- Safe use of all protective/barrier equipment is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
Please note that this is a 9.5 month contract position beginning on March 15, 2017 and ending on December 29, 2017.
Wage will be based on an annual salary range of $32,000 – $42,000 depending on education and level of experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Group Benefits
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to Zach Fralick at email@example.com no later than Sunday, January 29, 2017.
Please include the position you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible personsThis opportunity is now closed