Party & Events Staff
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
Reporting to the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator, this position assists in the organization of and implementation of special events, rentals, birthday parties and group bookings at the Canada Games Centre. In addition, this position will respond to general customer service inquiries, requests from patrons and various related issues. The shifts required for this role are 5:00pm – 8:30pm Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00pm – 7:00pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responds to and facilitates general customer service inquiries, requests and related issues while on shift.
- Develops and fosters customer relationships through professional, courteous and efficient service for all basic customer inquiries.
- Troubleshooting with other Canada Games Centre staff to solve any customer service challenges.
- Provide assistance and support to facility staff as feasible to carry our daily facility and special event services; up to and including room set up, tidying and sourcing of necessary equipment in-house.
- Under general supervision, is responsible for providing leadership and implementing programs and special events (ie. Birthday parties, room rentals, group bookings, sport tournaments, etc.)
- Ensure participant safety and satisfaction.
- Ensures appropriate use of facility by patrons and guests and enforces facility guidelines and safety standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent high school education
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, public relations and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- First Aid/CPR Certification (can be attained upon offer of employment)
- Extensive contact with customers in person
- Must have a flexible schedule and an ability to work weekend and evenings hours
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The wage for this position is $11.00 per hour.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed