Part-Time Customer Service Representative
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership, and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
For the first point of contact at the Canada Games Centre reception desk, we are looking for enthusiastic, friendly individuals to assist in delivering exceptional customer service and support to all of our guests. Must be able to multi-task and work under the pressure of a busy environment.
- Welcome and greet all guests – members, drop-ins, corporate, or leisure groups
- Receive, respond, and manage all inquiries – on site, phone calls, and email – in a timely manner
- Communicate policies, procedures, updates, and all other required information to guests
- Accept and process all payments – cash, credit card, etc.
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Maintain files in proper order
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Abide by Canada Games Centre policies and procedures – phone etiquette, dress code, etc.
- High school graduate – some level of post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Experience working with the public in a similar role
- Experience working in a facility or venue
- Customer service experience – i.e., the retail or hospitality industries
- Experience and comfort using computers and various software programs
- Experience processing financial transactions – cash handling, payment processing, etc.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Be actively engaged and excited about your role
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Member and guest focused
- Always conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism
- Be detail oriented and well organized
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach
- Work well under pressure
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Motivated by the success of others
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport, and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Daytime, Evening and Weekend availability required
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- The compensation for this position is $14.45 per hour.
- Criminal Record check will be required as part of the hiring process
- The Canada Games Centre has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination will be verified prior to the commencement of employment.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed