This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will continue to do so for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. The Canada Games Centre is a 176,000 square feet state-of-the-art community recreation facility.
This position is responsible for the overall development of the Canada Games Centre membership base through the coordination of membership sales, communication and relationships with member and corporate partners. The Coordinator will work with our Service Operations team to ensure members have a quality experience in our Centre.
This position will report directly to the Manager, Service Operations and will aid in providing support and leadership to a small staff team. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience, the Membership Coordinator must be highly organized, sales focused , manage time effectively, and complete correspondence with members and users of the Canada Games Centre in a timely and efficient manner. This is a client facing role where professionalism and networking are the keys to success.
- Organize and administer membership services for the Canada Games Centre
- Ensure membership targets are met/exceeded
- Identify corporate membership partners in the community
- Manage current corporate membership partnerships, grow additional partnerships with the Centre
- Identify training needs and conduct training as necessary for customer service staff regarding memberships and paperwork
- Assist with member services including, but not limited to: check-ins, selling memberships, daily cash outs and reconciliations
- Assist with additional member services tasks as needed
- Manage small staff team and coach for positive performance outcomes
- Work in conjunction with other Canada Games Centre staff to develop best practices to maximize use of the Centre
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports for various internal and external end-users
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with general public, user groups and staff
- Maintain organized electronic and paper files in regards to memberships and changes to memberships
- Process payments and perform invoicing for insurance claims
- Prepare and submit payroll for staff
- Assist in developing and expanding any procedural documents and training materials necessary for end-users and staff
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Manager, Service Operations
- Minimum 2-5 year’s experience working in the field of membership growth, customer management, sales and corporate partnerships/relations
- Experience working in community recreation, athletics or the fitness industry
- Customer service and sales experience
- Detail oriented coupled with strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong Organizational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and tact and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Current First Aid/AED Certification
- Knowledge of RecTrac computer software system
- Experience scheduling staff
Knowledge and Education:
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Recreation Management or related discipline and combination of experience with focus on sales, marketing or management or related program and combination of experience
- Strong background in recreation, customer service and the fitness and health industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Participate in department meetings, provide updates, and liaise with other CGC staff and senior management
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Ability to coach, train, and guide staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of budgetary processes and reporting systems
- This position requires full-time work, 35 hours per week, with flexible hours between the hours of 5:30am and 10:00pm, Monday through Sunday, flexibility required. Including the potential to be on call when required by facility operations and schedule demands
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Criminal record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
Salary will be based on a range from $36,000-$44,000 depending on education and level of experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
To apply, please submit a covering letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed