This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
The Membership Assistant is a multi-tasker assisting all areas of the organization by performing administrative duties and various member and customer experience services. This role requires a friendly and enthusiastic individual who will deliver exceptional customer service and support to all of our members and guests. This position reports to the Customer Service Coordinator in the Service Operations department.
- Organize and administer membership services for the Canada Games Centre
- Facilitate improved processes for the membership and sales program
- Assist in coordinating and participating in membership appreciation events and activities
- Work in conjunction with fellow Canada Games Centre staff to develop best practices
- Manage the renewal process for memberships; including compiling renewal contact information and communicating renewal notifications to members by phone, email and in person
- Complete membership changes in customer management software including changes of billing for renewals, weekly cancellations, and membership transfers
- Assist with the scheduling and supervision of the customer service team when needed
- Provide service excellence to our members and guests as well as service recuperation of any dissatisfied member by taking ownership to support the customer service team when required
- Complete all required forms in the membership sales process and assist the customer service team to enhance member experience overall
- Conduct facility tours to prospective members
- Efficiently respond to and act upon internal and external telephone inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist in maximizing revenue through up-sell activities, capturing every sale opportunity and promoting additional services offered at the CGC
- Assist with day-to-day Legend software usage and troubleshoot problems
- Assist with additional member services tasks as needed
- Assist both Membership and Customer Service in training initiatives for their teams
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in the field of membership/customer management, sales or corporate partnerships
- Experience working in community recreation, athletics, or the fitness industry
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Customer service and sales experience
- Ability to train others
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport and recreation play in building in healthy communities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be actively engaged and excited about your role
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Client/guest focused
- Always conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism
- Be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach
- Work well under pressure/tight deadlines
- Work well in a multi-departmental environment for the overall good of the organization
- Experience dealing with various segments of the public (individuals, families, corporate, seniors, etc.)
- Motivated by the success of others
- Flexible work hours are required for this position including daytime, evenings, and weekends
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe use of all protective and barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Criminal record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
Salary will be based on a range from $32,000-$38,000 depending on education and level of experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 10th, 2021.
Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed