Masters Swim Coach
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will continue to do so for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. The Canada Games Centre is a 176,000 square feet state-of-the-art community recreation facility. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
The Masters Coach is responsible for planning and running some or all of the weekday morning 6am-7am Masters swim team practices. There is also a requirement to attend the Masters swim meets throughout the competition season. Our Masters swim team is a mix of both age groups and abilities so flexibility to help each swimmer with their goals in swimming is necessary. This position will report to the Swim Academy Head Coach and collaborate with the other Coaches, supervisors and program staff.
- Coach team at practices and competition events
- Develop practices to follow short term and long term
- Provide feedback and stroke development for masters swimmers
- Work with the Head Coach on planning and team development as well as registration
- Assist with the hosting of the Canada Games Centre Masters events
- Ensure the overall safety of all athletes and program participants
- Maintain swim team equipment, while reporting any damage or required repairs to the Head Coach
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- 3+ years of coaching experience
- Emergency First Aid certification
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment, and decision-making, be an effective problem solver, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must understand the principles of team sport and coaching for adult athletes
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations of diving in both Nova Scotia and Canada
The wage scale for this position is $13.50 – $14.00 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed