Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
This position is responsible for maintaining strong sponsor and stakeholder relations, and interacting with all Canada Games Centre departments to ensure collateral and other communications reflect the brand accurately. The Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator will perform a range of administrative, sponsorship, and marketing support duties related to the daily operations of the Marketing and Sponsorship department.
Assist the Marketing & Sponsorship Manager in coordinating various integrated communication, marketing, and sponsorship activities.
- Research businesses and make recommendations on sponsorship opportunities
- Develop pitch materials including presentations and leave behinds
- Create sponsorship fulfillment packages and reports
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment benefits
- Maintain relationships with community and business partners
- Assist in planning and execution of sponsorship events
- Monitor brand and follow brand standards
- Coordinate and execute the production or implementation of marketing and communication materials including e-newsletters, posters, brochures, signage, and program guides
- Write, maintain, and update website content as needed
- Manage social media presence and execute social media policy, guidelines, and strategy
- Track statistical information and prepare performance analysis reports
- Manage and develop image libraries
- Maintain database of media contacts; write and distribute press releases and media kits
- Maintain communication with and marketing support for all departments
- Assist in the planning and execution of CGC events
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and exceptionally organized with strong project management skills
- Understanding of marketing, sponsorship, sales, advertising, and event management
- Superior communication; written, oral, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate clearly, credibly, and effectively with various stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivate, and be creative and member/customer focused
- Team player; energetic, innovative, and resourceful
- Passionate about sport, health, and wellness
- Understanding of web analytics; HTML an asset
- Experience executing integrated marketing communications
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Suite, i.e., Photoshop, InDesign an asset
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of related experience, including marketing and sponsorship
- Post-secondary degree or diploma; preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Commerce, or equivalent work experience
- This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) with flexible hours (day, evening, and weekends) including the potential to be on call when required by facility operations and demands
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
$36,000 to $46,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Please note that a Criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax transit
- Training and professional development opportunities available
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit your résumé to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on Friday, September 11, 2015.
Please include the position you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed