Manager, Marketing & Sponsorship
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport, recreation and community facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager, Marketing & Sponsorship is a member of the Canada Games Centre Management Team and is responsible for providing strategic advice and management of the marketing and sponsorship programs.
Core responsibilities include the management of marketing, sponsorship, communications, public relations, and media relations.
The Manager, Marketing & Sponsorship must achieve outcomes in key result areas including the effective brand recognition that promotes participation, revenue generation; positive public, media and customer relations; innovative and effective campaigns; employee performance and fiscal responsibility. The Manager, Marketing & Sponsorship will facilitate success in these key result areas through a cooperative approach.
- Develop and manage marketing and sponsorship strategies and programs and ensure strategies and activities support the vision of the organization;
- Manage and evaluate the delivery of innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship and communications products, services, and strategies that promote the Centre’s programs and services;
- Ensure effective and innovative website design and maintenance;
- Ensure all aspects of a sales program are developed and implemented, including membership programs and services, merchandising, etc.;
- Monitor media coverage and prepare briefing materials;
- Develop and implement an effective community engagement and stakeholder plan;
- Creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to revenue development;
- Develop and implement overall sponsorship plan and grow revenue;
- Developing corporate partnerships and ensuring they are effectively supported;
- Identify; evaluate and develop revenue generating ideas including sponsorship and philanthropy strategies for the facility
Education and Experience:
- Must have a post-secondary degree in marketing, public relations, or a related field or suitable combination of education and experience;
- Must have a minimum of five years of progressive experience in marketing programs and services, brand development, preferably in the sport and recreation field;
- Must have demonstrated experience in acquiring sponsorship and fund development, preferably in the sport and recreation field; and
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing employees.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of marketing, sponsorship, fund development and communication principles;
- Working knowledge of the event planning cycle and principles of risk management; understanding of the fitness, wellness and recreation industry trends;
- Basic knowledge of budget management principles;
- Outstanding planning, coordination, administrative, and organizational skills.
Must have proficiency in using a variety of computer software programs (E.g. Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word Press). Proficiency in, Survey Monkey, Campaigner, desktop publishing, HTML and web design is considered an asset.
$58,000 – $68,000 commensurate with education and experience
Standard office environment. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week; 8:30am to 4:30pm. Some evening and weekend work is required to attend meetings and special events.
What’s in it for you?
- Group benefits
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at email@example.com no later than 4:00pm on Friday, March 20, 2015. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. (Manager, Marketing & Sponsorship-CB) Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed