Group Fitness Instructor
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The Group Fitness Instructor will be responsible for leading and motivating members and guests of the Canada Games Centre to meet their personal fitness goals. The individual must be participant focused and deliver well prepared fitness classes. We are currently hiring for Yoga classes.
- Provide safe instruction to all participants
- Make exercise fun and enjoyable for the group
- Modify class exercises to meet a varied group of participants
- Help participants stay motivated and create enthusiasm around being healthy
Must maintain active certifications as a condition of employment
- Current Certification in group exercise discipline (Can Fit Pro, NSFA, SFIC)
- CPR certification
- Experience teaching in a formal setting
- AED Training
Knowledge and Education
- Working knowledge of anatomy physiology
- Ability to create a fitness class and pair music to beats required for specific activity
- The compensation for this position will be based on a range from $24.00–$32.00 per class depending on certifications and experience
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh at email@example.com.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed