Full-Time Facility Attendant
This opportunity is now closed
Full-time Facility Attendant
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
Position overview: We are looking for a Facility Attendant to provide cleaning of our complex and to aid in creating a clean and safe environment for customers and employees and provide event and room set-up for services and programs. This position is full-time on the back shift.
Reports to: Manager, Facility Maintenance
- Responsible for performing a variety of custodial functions following established standards for cleanliness and safety
- Duties may include but are not limited to: scrubbing, cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, shower facilities, meeting rooms, offices, locker rooms, and the gymnasium, replenish lavatory supplies, removing trash and emptying waste bins, sweeping, vacuuming, moping and buffing floors, cleaning windows, walls, fans, and light fixtures, dusting, etc.
- Other tasks include venue set-up & take-down, light landscaping duties
- Operate various cleaning machines (e.g., wet and dry vacuums, auto scrubber)
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly duties as outlined on duty list
- Maintain a clean and orderly supply closet
- Use appropriate cleaning products in appropriate areas
- Handle all products safely and reading MSDS sheets prior to using any new products
- Respond to custodial inquiries
- Submit work requests upon discovering items needing repair
- Interact and communicate with the immediate supervisor, co-workers, employees, and customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Check the day sheets on a daily basis and plan duties around the daily schedule
- Willing to work during special events
- Willing to work different shifts to help with sick and vacation coverage
- Attend monthly in-services and different training sessions as scheduled
- Help in other departments if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Shifts are 10:00pm – 6:00am
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasions
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- 1 – 2 years of related experience
- WHMIS considered an asset
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position including prolonged standing, walking and lifting
This position pays $11.00/hour to start, increasing to $11.14/hour after successful completion of the probationary period. Please note that a shift premium of 50 cents per hour will also be paid to employees for hours worked on the backshift.
Group Benefits and optional employer-shared RRSP program.
Please note that criminal record checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
To apply, please submit your resume to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday, August 20th, 2018 or visit our Customer Service desk.
Please include the position you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed