Fitness & Wellness Coordinator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The Fitness & Wellness Coordinator position is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the fitness centre, personal trainers, fee-based group programming, and group exercise offerings at the Canada Games Centre. Responsibilities include staff scheduling and training, program planning and implementation, assisting in the promotion of membership opportunities with the membership team and providing resources and support to guests and staff.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Service Operations and will aid in providing support and leadership to a staff team of approximately 15 desk staff, a personal training team of approximately eight (8), and a group exercise instructor team of approximately 45. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive member experience, the Fitness & Wellness Coordinator must be highly organized, sales and customer service focused, manage time effectively, and complete correspondence with members and users of the Canada Games Centre in a timely and efficient manner. This is a client focused role where professionalism and networking are the keys to success.
- Hours will consist of dedicated administrative/customer focused hours combined with group fitness instruction or program delivery/facilitation
- Ensure programs exceed revenue targets
- Make recommendations on small equipment purchases and identify cost cutting solutions within the department
- Evaluate staff by providing on-going verbal feedback and periodic, written job performance evaluations as per the organizations Performance Management system
- Responsible for the daily supervision, hiring, leadership, task assigning, and scheduling of the fitness centre staff, group exercise instructors, personal trainers, and fitness contractors
- Responsible for coordination of equipment maintenance and operations with CGC staff and external service providers
- Identify staff training needs and conduct orientations as necessary
- Track inventory, supplies, and develop maintenance schedules and service cycles as per equipment guidelines
- Ensure the safety of staff members and fitness users and evaluate systems and procedures on a regular basis
- Oversee the creation of programs for fitness users, group fitness participants, and various interest groups in collaboration with other relevant departments
- Work in conjunction with the staff team to coordinate programming to maximize the use of the fitness delivery spaces
- Establish and lead personal training sales targets and ensure they are met and/or exceeded
- Assist membership department with corporate membership partnerships in the community by arranging Personal Trainers and demonstrations
- Assist in the creation of partnerships with community organizations to facilitate wellness workshops and fitness classes within the facility or at an external venue
- Build relationships with local sport organizations and develop training schedules with staff and contractors to delivery sport specific training
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports for various internal and external end-users
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business, Recreation Management, Kinesiology/Kinetics or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong background in fitness, programming, recreation, and the health & wellness industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Participate in department meetings, provide updates, and liaise with fitness instructors, personal trainers, and the Senior Management Team of the centre.
- Ability to successfully evaluate program successes and failures
- Possess strong coordination, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Ability to coach, train, and guide staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of budgetary processes and reporting systems
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the fitness & wellness industry in a supervisory position
- Fitness Instructor Specialist certification (or equivalent)
- Additional fitness certifications, e.g., Older Adult Specialist, TRX, Kettlebell, Spin, Yoga, etc.
- Current First Aid certificate (Standard or CPR-C)
- Customer management, sales, and corporate partnerships/relations experience
- Experience working in a community recreation, fitness setting
- Detail oriented coupled with strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills along with demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgement, tact, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Experience scheduling staff in different areas
- AED Certification
- Knowledge of Legend computer software system
- This position requires full-time work, 35+ hours per week, with flexibility for working hours between 5:30am and 10:00pm, Monday through Sunday, mornings, evenings, and weekends. This includes the potential to be on call when required by facility operations and schedule demands and to serve as the Person on Duty (POD) on our duty schedule with other facility Coordinators/Supervisors/Assistants.
- Working conditions in general, subject to seasonal programs, evening meetings, budgetary planning exercises or individual projects or events. May require evening hours for internal meetings or other community meetings
- This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment and may be exposed to loud noises and will require an individual to be able to concentrate in a busy environment
- Psychological Demands: Potentially high stress environment due to multi-task requirement and customer expectations
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Group benefits and RRSP plan
- Education allowance
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
Salary will be based on a range from $42,000–$58,000 commensurate with education and level of experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 7th, 2023.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents may result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed