Fitness Centre Member Experience Representative
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a national leading multi-purpose recreation and sport facility providing a centre for the community, promoting healthy and active living for citizens and a major sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada.
The Member Experience position is responsible for providing positive member service experiences, resources, and support to members, visitors and staff in our Fitness Centre. A commitment to exceptional customer service and a love of the fitness and wellness industry is a must.
- Assisting members and visitors either by telephone, electronically, or face to face
- Assisting Fitness Centre users with use of cardio and weight equipment
- Respond promptly to member and visitor inquiries in the Fitness Centre
- Handle and resolve member suggestions
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and suggestions
- Sign in members and visitors to the Fitness Centre
- Direct requests and unresolved challenges to the designated resource
- Manage member accounts
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions with next steps
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of fitness and healthy living
- A genuine desire to help others
- Standard First Aid certificate or equivalent (including CPR C) must be obtained within 3 months of being hired
- Previous customer service or retail experience
- AED Certification
Knowledge & Education
- Experience working in either a community, fitness or sport setting
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Be compassionate, patient, and understanding
- This position is part-time and will include shifts in the early morning, afternoons, evenings and on weekends
- Work environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on an infrequent basis
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques must be adhered to
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
The compensation for this position is $12.95 per hour.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to email@example.com .
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed