Field House Specialist
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
The Canada Games Centre field house hosts the largest indoor track in Nova Scotia, open year round for use by recreational and competitive runners alike. The 200 metre track surrounds three full-size gyms built to facilitate recreational basketball, volleyball, badminton and a host of other sports. The field house will be home to children’s, youth, and adult programs and leagues as well as various organized tournaments and events.
Field House Attendants for the Canada Games Centre will be responsible for the distribution and set-up of sporting equipment and coordination of schedules for the Field House and Track. This position will report directly to the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator and will aid in providing resources, support, and leadership to guests and staff. A commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience is key to success in this role as well as a good knowledge of a wide range of sports and leisure activities.
- Hours will consist of day, evening and weekend shifts ensuring “readiness” of the gyms and equipment, Field House cleanliness, and member engagement,
- Responsible for daily reporting of numbers for user groups, task-assignment and proper documentation,
- Inventory equipment, supplies and work closely with Building Operations staff to develop maintenance and cleaning requirements,
- Moving large equipment such as bleachers, basketball nets, and various other sports equipment regularly for different event set-up daily,
- Assist with member services including but not limited to; check-in’s, start time and end time control for program, equipment set-up and tear down,
- Assist with additional Member Services tasks as needed,
- Ensure the safety of recreation and fitness users and evaluate systems and procedures on a regular basis,
- Work in conjunction with Fitness Centre staff to facilitate programming to maximize the use of the Field House space,
- Ensure quick set-up and tear down between various regular rentals and programs to ensure maximum use of allotted time; and
- Complete additional projects as assigned.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR,
- Working and/or playing knowledge of a host of sports such as but not limited to: basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, etc.,
- Customer Service experience; and
- Capable of physical exertion necessary to complete assigned set-up of the various equipment
- Current AED Certification
- Experience in a similar role
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Considerable experience in a customer service role with frequent public interaction,
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer, or participant,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and oral skills,
- Knowledge of physical fitness, physiology, and anatomy,
- Possess strong co-ordination and leadership skills; and
- Ability to coach, train, and guide peers, volunteers, and participants.
- This position is a part-time position consisting of mostly evening and weekend hours,
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasions,
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques,
- Safe use of all protective and barrier equipment as required by the employer; and
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Please note that Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The hourly wage range for this position is $10.60 – $12.50/hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed