Field House & Events Supervisor
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
The Field House & Events Supervisor for the Canada Games Centre will be responsible for the regular duties of a Field House Attendant in addition to several supervisory tasks to aid in the organization of the field house, rentals and events staff. This position will report directly to the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator in the Service Operations Department and will aid in providing resources, support and leadership to guests and staff. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience, the Field House & Events Supervisor must be highly organized, manage time effectively, and complete scheduling tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Hours will consist of flexible daytime, evening and weekend hours
- Responsible for tasks assigned to Field House Attendants on a daily basis such as equipment sign out, daily cleanliness of Field House and Track area, assisting with member inquiries and ensuring the safety of users in the facility.
- Work in conjunction with Fitness Centre staff to facilitate programming to maximize the use of the Field House space.
- Schedule staff for work shifts in accordance with facility needs, and ensure all shifts are covered, either by themselves of others, in case of illness, etc. of another employee.
- Be a point of contact and supervision for the Field House, Event and Birthday Party staff when Coordinator is not available.
- Prepare weekly Field House schedule for staff and Customer Service.
- Assist in the developing and monitoring of checklists to ensure proper processes are followed in the Field House on a regular basis.
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Working/Playing knowledge of a host of sports such as but not limited to: Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Pickleball, Table Tennis, etc.
- Customer Service Experience
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Current AED Certification
- Work in a similar role
- Experience scheduling staff and events
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Graduate of/currently studying Kinesiology, Physical Education, Recreation, Health & Wellness or related discipline and equivalent education and experience.
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer or participant.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and oral skills.
- Knowledge of physical fitness, physiology and anatomy.
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills.
- Ability to coach, train and guide peers, volunteers and participants.
- This position will consist of full-time hours with flexible hours for scheduling (For ex: early morning, day, evening and weekend)
- Working environment includes physical, emotional and mental demands on infrequent occasion.
- Safe lifting, carrying and first aid techniques.
- Safe use of all protective/barrier equipment is required by the employer.
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Salary will be based on a range from $29,000 – $36,000 per annum, depending on education and level of experience
Please note that Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Group Benefits
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
To apply, please submit your résumé to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Sunday, September 24, 2017.
Please include the position you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed