Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the requests, inquiries, and bookings regarding all Canada Games Centre facilities and rooms. Additionally, this role involves maintaining organized electronic and paper files regarding bookings and events and facilitating the input of all bookings and rentals into our web-based customer management system.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Service Operations and will aid in providing support and leadership to a small part-time staff team. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience, the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator must be highly organized, manage time effectively, and complete scheduling tasks in a timely and efficient manner. This is a client facing role where professionalism and networking are key to success.
- Schedule staff for rental set-up and first line of contact for renter concerns regarding room rentals and events before, during, and after their rental
- Supervise Field House staff and conduct training and performance reviews
- Present on site during events as the point of contact for the renter
- Conduct on-going inventory and equipment checks for all areas relating to role
- Work to expand and improve on current facility rentals for the facility
- Work in conjunction with programming staff in Recreation, Aquatics, and Fitness to ensure scheduling of the Field House, Track, and Pool are maximizing space for both rentals and internal programs
- Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of related revenue into the customer management system
- Generate daily and weekly schedules for various internal and external end-users
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with general public, user groups and staff
- Continuously update user groups, customers and staff regarding schedule changes for rentals and set-ups
- Maintain organized electronic and paper files regarding bookings and updated contact lists for clubs, organizations, and user groups
- Process payments and perform invoicing for recurring renters and assist in the collection of revenue from late paying renters
- Ensuring readiness and cleanliness of rental and events spaces
- Supervise Party & Events staff and perform timely performance reviews in accordance with internal HR policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit payroll for staff team
- Assist in developing and expanding any procedural documents and training materials necessary for end-users and staff
- Ensure Safety Standards are in met in the Field House, Community Rooms, and Track
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Manager, Service Operations
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a recreation/events facility in a similar role or combination of school and work experience
- Detail-oriented and strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and tact and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Current First Aid/AED Certification
- Knowledge of RecTrac and Legend computer software system
- Experience scheduling staff
Education & Experience
- Graduate of Recreation Management, Business Administration, Event Management, Office Administration or related discipline
- Strong background in recreation, sport and events as an employee, volunteer and/or participant
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and oral skills
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Ability to coach, train and guide peers, volunteers and participants
- This position requires full-time work, 35+ hours per week, with flexibility for working hours between 5:30am and 10:00pm, Monday through Sunday, mornings, evenings, and weekends. This includes the potential to be on call when required by facility operations and schedule demands and to serve as the Person on Duty (POD) on our duty schedule with other facility Coordinators/Supervisors/Assistants.
- Working conditions in general, subject to seasonal programs, evening meetings, budgetary planning exercises or individual projects or events. May require evening hours for internal meetings or other community meetings
- This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment and may be exposed to loud noises and will require an individual to be able to concentrate in a busy environment
- Psychological Demands: Potentially high stress environment due to multi-task requirement and customer expectations
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Group benefits and RRSP plan
- Education allowance
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
Salary will be based on a range from $42,000–$58,000 (salary bands are currently under review) commensurate with education and level of experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 21st, 2023.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents may result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed