This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
Reporting to the Manager of Service Operations, the Duty Coordinator supports the organization by providing supervisory support services required to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients. This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the facility mainly during evenings and weekends, with some flexibility required.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure the building “readiness” for regular operations including but not limited to: proper coordination of frontline staff, bookings, cleanliness, set-ups, customer engagement
- Carry facility keys and assigned radio at all times during your shift
- Walk-through and check in with staff working in each area on an hourly basis
- Audit the facility function areas during each shift and prepare daily summary reports
- Assist and support staff with customer issues
- Ensure standards of customer engagement and performance are being met
- Re-allocate employees and facility space as necessary
- Represent the organization in a professional way that inspires fellow team members
- Oversee and assign work for Facility Attendants, working with the Manager of Facility Maintenance
- Lead the Lost & Found duties
- Prepare end-of-shift reports
- Work on special projects that contribute to the operations of the Canada Games Centre
- Work with all CGC business units in delivery of services
- Other duties as delegated by the Manage of Service Operations
Safety & Security:
- Lead in the event of a major emergency
- Ensure accident, incident ,and theft report forms are completed and provide necessary follow-up as required
- Guarantee a safe and enjoyable experience by ensuring users follow the Canada Games Centre code of conduct
- Recommending policy and procedures to ensure efficiency and safety of daily operations
- Identify risk areas and take corrective action
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Customer service training and experience
- Conflict resolution training and experience
- General working knowledge of OH&S and other relevant provincial legislation
- Experience with computer applications and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with RecTrac is considered an asset
Service Orientation, Communication, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Flexibility, Initiative, Relationship Building, Teamwork & Cooperation, Valuing Diversity
Maximum 24 hours per week with the following schedule:
5:00pm to 11:00pm Wednesdays and Thursdays
7:00am to 3:00pm Saturdays and Sundays
Additional flexibility will be required with schedule when required by facility operations and demands.
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Salary will be based on a range from $19.25 – $22.00 per hour depending on experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 15, 2020.
Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed