Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca
For the first point of contact at the Canada Games Centre reception desk, we are looking for enthusiastic, friendly individuals to assist in delivering exceptional customer service and support to all of our guests.
- Welcome and greet all guests – members, drop-ins, corporate, or leisure groups;
- Receive, respond, and manage all inquiries – on site, phone calls, and email – in a timely manner;
- Communicate policies, procedures, updates, and all other required information to guests;
- Accept and process all payments – cash, credit card, etc.;
- Follow opening and closing procedures;
- Maintain files in proper order;
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment; and,
- Abide by Canada Games Centre policies and procedures – phone etiquette, dress code, etc.
- High school graduate – some level of post-secondary education is considered an asset;
- Experience working with the general public in a similar role;
- Experience working in a facility or venue;
- Customer service experience – i.e., the retail or hospitality industries
- Experience and comfort using computers and various software programs; and
- Experience processing financial transactions – cash handling, payment processing, etc.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills;
- Be actively engaged and excited about your role;
- Have proactive and positive attitude;
- Member and guests focused;
- Conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism at all times;
- Be detail oriented and well organized;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach;
- Work well under pressure;
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Motivated by the success of others; and,
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Requirement to work flexible hours – early morning, day, evening, and weekends, including potential to be on call;
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands;
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer; and,
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Please note that Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The wage for this position is $10.85 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by 4pm on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
This opportunity is now closed